Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    girishgkulkarni Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2008, 08:25 AM
    Water Dripping on the Air Conditioner - Air Filter [Trane Unit]
    Hi

I have a Trane AC unit and off late I have observed am issue

Condensate Water has begun Drip on Filter.

The technician told that the freon level is on and there is no bildup or clog in the condensate water collection tray or the pipe draining out the water. However he has not been able to figure out the issue.

The unit is a relatively new one 2006 model and has not had any issues.

Please let me know if you have any inputs...

Regards
    Girish
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2008, 09:02 AM
    Could be that the evaporater coil is sloped away from the drain, and not toward the drain.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 6, 2008, 04:27 PM
    Clean the coil completely. Sometimes a slight coat of dirt will cause this problem. Make sure you check the side of the coil where the air goes through first. As wmproop said the coil could have slipped or not sloped correctly but that would have shown up as soon as it was installed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Locate filter for Day & Night Furnace & Air-conditioner [ 4 Answers ]

I can't seem to locate the filter to change it on a Day & Night Furnace? Two blue panels on the lower front and only the upper panel comes off and that's where the pilot lights and stuff are. I need to change the filter for the air conditioning and it's a combo unit. Thanks, J

Where is the filter on my Trane XL80? [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, please don't laugh. I've read the owner's manual and the Trane site a couple times now. It's totally gobbledygook to me. So here are my silly questions: --The manual talks about upflow, upflow installed horizontally, and downflow. Our unit has the "grated" part on the bottom, which I...

Dripping air conditioner vent [ 1 Answers ]

"Why does the air conditioner vent in the kitchen of my 1853 square foot home drip a few drops of water now and then?"

Water dripping onto furnace filter [ 4 Answers ]

This will probably be hard to diagnose without seeing the problem but I though I would run it by you guys since the HVAC tech wasn't sure what to do. I have a lennox heat pump with the furnace in our garage. It is an upflow unit so the filter is at the bottom of the unit with the coils and drip pan...

Aircondition Unit Dripping Water [ 3 Answers ]

The pipe that runs from my air condition unit to the outside of the house is dripping water. I went into the attic and the unit is dripping water from the corners at the bottom. What could be the problem and how to fix it?

View more questions Search