Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mauj Posts: 31, Reputation: 3

Sep 26, 2008, 08:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, this:

Let's for a minute, assume that everything you say mauj did, he did. Let's say he WAS, indeed, irresponsible.

I reiterate; THIS isn't like a school assignment he missed where he'll get a bad grade. It isn't like an application for a job that he forgot about. It isn't even like a ticket that he missed the deadline on and now has to pay more. Nope. We're talking about JAIL TIME, here. A misdemeanor is a CRIMINAL offense that is punishable by imprisonment for up to ONE year in the county jail. That's a YEAR.

Now, some of you poo poo this, as though you can't believe that they actually would put him in the slam for a FULL year. But, they would. And, they'd enjoy doing it. If you think they wouldn't, you shouldn't be answering questions on the criminal law board. Plus, Mauj asks a good question of you. Would YOU lay down for them, even for such a piddly thing as this??? I don't think you would.

And, that's exactly WHY he is entitled to a lawyer. The Constitution says so. Now, I agree with you, that this TEXAS judge IS treating it as though he missed a school assignment, and too bad for him.

However, in THIS country, mauj, and people like him, are presumed to be innocent. It is incumbant on the court to insure that every effort is made to insure that his Constitutional rights are upheld. A cornerstone of those right, is the right to counsel - even if it means inconveniencing the court. That isn't ME saying that. It's the Constitution.

Therefore, in my view, the issue ISN'T "did he screw around?", cause even if he did, he ISN'T screwing around now. THAT is abundantly clear. He absolutely should be appointed a lawyer.

excon
    thanks excon for clearing this matter up for me maybe people would realize that there are unjust people in our courts. By the way I got a call from the district courts today asking if I wanted to sue the state of Texas and that she going to send me the paper work in the mail to file. So if was wrong about this situation why would a district judge phone me today and ask me if I wanted to file suit.again thanks for all your help! mauj

Sep 26, 2008, 08:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello Judy:

They found an opening in one of their facilities, and want to fill it ASAP.

excon thats so true

PS> I HATE Texas
    me to
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2008, 07:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mauj View Post
    thanks excon for clearing this matter up for me maybe people would realize that there are unjust people in our courts. by the way i got a call from the district courts today asking if i wanted to sue the state of texas and that she going to send me the paper work in the mail to file. so if was wrong about this situation why would a district judge phone me today and ask me if i wanted to file suit.again thanks for all your help! mauj

A Texas District Judge called you and asked you if you wanted to sue the State of Texas and is going to send you the paperwork necessary to file the lawsuit?

Not doubting you but I have never heard of anything like this, never.

A Texas Court helping someone file a lawsuit against Texas -

I'll be curious how this plays out.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2008, 07:25 AM
    what ever miss 8384 since you think i"am not telling the truth come and arrest me because you have been putting me down since you read my post. if this were you in my shoes you would try to get help any way you could like i"am trying to do so please!.... stop all the remarks about i"am not telling the truth when infact i "am .
    Fourth time in front of this judge, eh? I'd be tired of you too.

Stop having pity soup for dinner. I never once said you weren't telling the truth and I never put you down. What I did say was that we only know one side of the story. Far too many people come on this website and ask for advice without providing the whole story. You can't give accurate advice when you receive biased information.

I did question how you were able to prove your income to the welfare office but can't prove it to this judge; you still have yet to answer that. Instead, you pout and complain about your trial and make irrational comments like:
    Quote Originally Posted by mauj
    ... maybe people would realize that there are unjust people in our courts ...
    Give me a break. I've been screwed over by the court system too. The difference is that I gave the court the paperwork they asked for in a timely fashion. I wasn't in front of the same judge four times. I had witnesses on my side and the judge screwed me over anyway. So quit patting yourself on the back.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 27, 2008, 07:29 AM

I doubt it was a district judge, I even doubt it was really the court. Most likely a legal chaser ( some lawyer or firm) who looks over records and tries to find civil right cases to sue for big money ( and of course they get the majority of that money)

Bet when paper work comes it will be to file a case but though an attorney office
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2008, 07:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    I doubt it was a district judge, I even doubt it was really the court. Most likely a legal chaser ( some lawyer or firm) who looks over records and tries to find civil right cases to sue for big money ( and of course they get the majority of that money)

Bet when paper work comes it will be to file a case but though an attorney office

Waiting to see how this plays out -

Sep 27, 2008, 08:38 PM
    I doubt it was a district judge, I even doubt it was really the court. Most likely a legal chaser ( some lawyer or firm) who looks over records and tries to find civil right cases to sue for big money ( and of course they get the majority of that money) chuck you"re wrong the papers came today the envelope clearly say u.s district courts eastern district 211 w ferguson room 106 tyler tx 75702.

wrong again chuck the folder contain great news for me all I have to do is fill them out and send them back to the u.s district court. This was requested by the district courts.

Sep 27, 2008, 08:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Waiting to see how this plays out -
    judy the folder I received today is big golden envelope with these exact words u.s district court eastern district of Texas 211 w ferguson room 106 tyler tx 75702 now! Would you say its from a lawyer I think not . What's inside is good news for me all the district courts asked is that when I fill them out make copys for my record to keep and they would file the rest for me free I say it again free of charge. So someone is looking out for me and that's god I will keep this site up to date on what happens.

Sep 27, 2008, 09:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by this8384 View Post
    Fourth time in front of this judge, eh? I'd be tired of you too.

Stop having pity soup for dinner. I never once said you weren't telling the truth and I never put you down. What I did say was that we only know one side of the story. Far too many people come on this website and ask for advice without providing the whole story. You can't give accurate advice when you receive biased information.you're right but i'am not telling one side of the story it was just a disagreement between you and me on this site.

I did question how you were able to prove your income to the welfare office but can't prove it to this judge; you still have yet to answer that. Instead, you pout and complain about your trial and make irrational comments like:look who"s pouting now! ...you
    Give me a break. I've been screwed over by the court system too. The difference is that I gave the court the paperwork they asked for in a timely fashion. I wasn't in front of the same judge four times. I had witnesses on my side and the judge screwed me over anyway. So quit patting yourself on the back.
    just my point you've been screwed by the system and it don't feel to good do it) so that's why I'am trying to stand up for my rights.also did you have lawyer or did you just go into courts with your little witnesses and expect to win maybe that why you got railroaded. No lawyer = gulity every time so do you see my point now!

Sep 27, 2008, 09:36 PM

almost everyone here have their doubt about me but its OK! Say what you want but" before you call the kettle black you better look again, again, to see if its black.I don't have the time to come on a site and make up bull. What I've told on this site is all true it may sound a bit crazy but it's the truth.
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2008, 06:22 AM
    judy the folder i received today is big golden envelope with these exact words u.s district court eastern district of texas 211 w ferguson room 106 tyler tx 75702 now! would you say its from a lawyer i think not . whats inside is good news for me all the district courts asked is that when i fill them out make copys for my record to keep and they would file the rest for me free i say it again free of charge. so someone is looking out for me and thats god i will keep this site up to date on what happens.

This is absolutely the strangest thing I've ever heard! PLEASE keep us updated - I would say it's a scam but putting the wrods 'US District Court... " on the envelope would make it fraud.

Just when I think never, never happens!
    lawgirl20064 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2008, 07:54 AM
    Yes. It all depends on your income. Sometimes, if the State is not requesting jail you also are not entitled to a PD
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2008, 08:49 AM
    Hello again, mauj:

One of the problems you're having here, is the lack of details. I know you don't understand this. In fact, it's that basic misunderstanding of the law that is at the heart of your problem.

That's NOT surprising. You don't know the law or how it works. That's why you needed a lawyer from the get go.

That's ALSO why you're getting the answers you are here. In fact, the BEST answers are the ones that question your behavior, because they mirror exactly how the judge and the prosecutor look at your behavior. Hopefully, this has given you a heads up as to who the people are that you're dealing with. They're NOT nice people.

We, on the other hand, ARE nice people. Nobody here is putting you down. The way the conversation is proceeding, is exactly what you need.

Which brings me back to where I began - your lack of details. Not only are we NICE people, but in order to give you an answer you can count on, we're DETAIL people. We NEED to know ALL the little things that happened in between the BIG events. We're just like the law - we want it all. That's GOOD for you.

Now, we KNOW that the court itself doesn't initiate contact with prospective litigants. That doesn't mean we don't believe that you were contacted, and that we don't believe that you received your yellow envelope, or who it's from. We just don't believe it happened out of the blue. As a matter of fact, it DIDN'T happen out of the blue. We just want to know exactly HOW it did happen.

If you don't know, and you probably don't, we wish you would ask more questions. Do you have the name of the person who called?? Can you call them back? Can you ask them their interest in the case. It's VERY mysterious to us.

I'm also going to request that you post all your stuff here on the public board. As I said, earlier, you're getting BETTER stuff from those who are questioning you.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

LTD insurance may deny due to any occ. [ 1 Answers ]

Since I am on Social Security Disability, how is it that my long term disability insurance carrier told me they can still deny me after 2years under the "any occ." ---they used a different term. What it amounts to is that if they determine I can work at any job even if it is not the job I was...

Can a judge deny you a new public defender [ 7 Answers ]

Is it legal for a judge to deny you a different public defender if your original one is not working in your best interest at all

Why do men deny till they die? [ 3 Answers ]

This is kind of a crazy situation, I will probably get bashed for. I had been with my ex for 1 year. We had started having problems when I moved in 5 months after we started going out. It was kind of a rebound relationship because I was going through a divorce at the time. He came to me like my...

Deny visits. [ 7 Answers ]

Only question I have is. Custody has been filled and starting the process, Am I allowd to deny my little guys mom visitation due to her being a flight risk. She might take him and disapeer. She usually has him but I'm thinking of when I get him this weekend to keep him until the court day. ...

View more questions Search