Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    matteosr Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2008, 06:18 AM
    Air Handler vs. compressor
    Thanks for the quick answer. I had asked the company to please just charge the refridg. And it wuld last me another season. I told them about financing. But that's not what I need to know. The handler was bad not the compressor, but they replaced it assuming it was the problem. The compressor held a charge but the handler had the leak.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Sep 6, 2008, 06:28 AM
    Hello matteosr

Shows you that there are a lot of bad repairman running around.
    I always trained my technicians never to replace a compressor before having tested for a possible gas leak. Very easy to check, as they have to collect the gas anyway from the system before they can replace the compressor.

You simply "have been had" by that company.

:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central air cond air handler doesn't come on but compressor does. [ 98 Answers ]

If I don't turn the central air on in the morning, when the attic is cooler, the air handler won't come on but the compressor outside fires up. At night when the attic cools down, the air handler will work. I have replaced the T-Stat but that didn't help. Today, I put the fan on first, and it...

Air Handler vs. Compressor [ 7 Answers ]

I had a problem with my A C and the company said it was the compressor and the air handler, The compressor was old and the air handler had a leak in the refridg. Line. It turned out to be my air handler coils were dirty and old. They replaced the compressor 10 months before my air Handler because...

Air Handler [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Fl and my heat pump is outside and the air handler is in the attic. I discovered the tray under the air handler was overflowing and used a wet vac to remove it. My ceiling is getting wetter and wetter in an area about 1x2 feet. I've removed the insulation where the water is and can't...

Air handler [ 1 Answers ]

I have a heat pump. When the air conditioner comes on it sounds normal then after a few seconds I hear like a swooshing noise coming from the air handler in the attic. It makes the noise then stops then few seconds later does it again.and keeps doing that every time.We had to have freon put in the...

View more questions Search