Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saintjoan Posts: 36, Reputation: 6

Sep 28, 2008, 12:55 PM

The Bible itself is to be interpreted literally.
    2 Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
    gromitt82 Posts: 370, Reputation: 23

Sep 29, 2008, 02:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by saintjoan View Post
    The Bible itself is to be interpreted literally.
    2 Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

The RCC (which I belong to) does not anymore interpret the Scriptures literally. For how would you interpret, for instance, this paragraph? "So God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work he had done in creation. (Gen. 2:4)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where in the Bible? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a Catholic and I am trying to remember but can't as to where in the Bible I could find about the story where Jesus gave three men pieces of silver (?), the pieces of silver represents the gifts that he left us. God said the number of silver is given according to one's ability. God would later...

What translation is the King James version of the Bible? [ 3 Answers ]

Trying to figure out the different translations of the Bible, any help, did king james put his seal on the translation as we know it. Who was King James?

Bible Help [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for the translation from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic Bible into English. There are so many versions, and I keep getting pointed in different directions. Please Help! I'm Catholic, and I want something the King James Version. Thank you!

Critical Distance is Pipe Length or Literal Distance? [ 2 Answers ]

Is critical distance measurement based on the literal distance from a trap to the vent stack, or the total length pipe from the trap to the vent? In other words, if the trap is 4 feet from the vent, but the drain pipe from the trap to the branch that has the vent connected to it is 10 feet, is the...

Bible Help [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for the oldest translation from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic Bible into English.  There are so many versions, and I keep getting pointed in different directions.  Please Help!  I'm Catholic, and I want something before the King James Version. Thank you! RionerPoet

View more questions Search