Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aksoybaris Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2006, 05:15 PM
    French Citizenship
    Hi,I born at Paris (09-1974) and non parents are citizen,do I have a chance to choose a French nationality?
    Thanks
    nathaniel19 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2006, 03:10 PM
    " I am from the island of St Maarten/St Martin in the Caribbean. I was Born on the Dutch half of island but grew up from birth on the French half of the island. My father have been living on the French side for over 30 years an my mother for about 20 years. They applied for their French passport in 1992 but gave up because my father was sent to get a birth certificate of a father he never knew. My parents have reapplied and are now currently on the way to finally getting their French passport since they have had 2 ten years cartes des sejour and pay lots of taxes.
    My main concern now is me. I’m 19 and wonder where do I stand. Like many of other French students, I cross the border every day in order to go school on the Dutch side of the island, but still, the Dutch don’t want to give me their nationality because under the Dutch law, I’m from where my parents are from, Dominica. I do have a one year carte des sejour but wonder where do I stand on the French side since I wasn’t born nor educated on the French and is now over 18 and would not received the French nationality together with my parents?
    nathaniel19 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2006, 03:36 PM
    " I am from the island of St Maarten/St Martin in the Caribbean. I was Born on the Dutch half of island but grew up from birth on the French half of the island. My father have been living on the French side for over 30 years an my mother for about 20 years. They applied for their French passport in 1992 but gave up because my father was sent to get a birth certificate of a father he never knew. My parents have reapplied and are now currently on the way to finally getting their French passport since they have had 2 ten years cartes des sejour and pay lots of taxes.
    My main concern now is me. I’m 19 and wonder where do I stand. Like many of other French students, I cross the border every day in order to go school on the Dutch side of the island, but still, the Dutch don’t want to give me their nationality because under the Dutch law, I’m from where my parents are from, Dominica. I do have a one year carte des sejour but wonder where do I stand on the French side since I wasn’t born nor educated on the French and is now over 18 and would not received the French nationality together with my parents?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

French Citizenship from French Mother [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'm looking into getting French citizenship for myself. Born here in US, 24 years old, my mother moved here from France when quite young and is still a French citizen. According to most of what I've read (in English) this would make me automatically French, I'd just need to get the...

French citizenship through french/canadian husband [ 3 Answers ]

Hey there - my husband was born in France. He's been a citizen of canada, resident of quebec, since his French family immigrated 36 years ago. We got married in Los Angeles, certificate issued at the Beverly Hills court-house, in 2003. I was originally informed that: 1) I had to wait 3 years...

French Citizenship [ 2 Answers ]

I have yet another question on applying for French Citizenship. I was born in the US, but my father had permanent residency in France in the 60s because he came from a French Colony, Laos. He also obtained both his undergraduate and masters degree in France. However, when he moved to the U.S. he...

View more questions Search