Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    planting101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2008, 10:17 PM
    Dying tree
    I planted crape myrtles in my full-sun front yard in May of this year. I just recently moved one to another spot and now it looks like it's dying. I water in almost everyday and I have used a root connector. What else can I do to save it, I love my trees.:)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 6, 2008, 02:13 AM
    It is probably just relocation shock to the roots. Crêpe myrtle does need a lot of water but I think you should back off a bit until you see some new growth.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 8, 2008, 08:27 AM
    Did you lose much of the ball when you took it out of the ground? A nursery tree 4months in the ground would not have started any growth into the new soil. It should come right out of the ground without much effort. I agree that watering everyday is not good. A soak once a week is more than sufficient.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maple tree dying? [ 2 Answers ]

I planted a maple in December and this spring it began to bloom. The top 6 inches on 5 separate branches of the tree are dead. The leafs on the very low branches are small and the leafs at the top near the dead part of the tree are 3 times the size of the leafs on the lower branches. Can you tell...

New sod, tree dying [ 6 Answers ]

I planted new sod, now my tree is dying, can anyone help me:confused:

My 12' healthy ficus tree is dying.How do I save my tree? [ 0 Answers ]

My Ficus tree were plant in my garden on a slopne for about a year. It doing very well. All the sudden the last two week couple of branches with the leafs start curling, turning yellow or brown and then fall off the branch. I cut of those two branches, now another branch, the leafs start doing the...

Tree Dying? [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I recently moved into a new home in a housing community. They provided us with a maple tree and planted it in our front yard. We removed the mulch around it when we did our landscaping and replaced it with river rocks. It has been very dry in our area this summer so far but we...

A dying tree? [ 2 Answers ]

I moved into a townhome 2yrs ago. And noticed last summer our tree in the front lost all its leaves in August. Now the tree has some greenish/grey mold on the trunk, don't know if that has anything to do w/it. Now that it's spring I don't think its looking good for my tree. Branches are falling off...

View more questions Search