Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ahmer Ghafoor Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2008, 08:40 PM
    Unknown XP virus
    Hello there,

Recently we found some virus on my computer, I am using Win XP professional. Please find the symptoms below;
    1. When I open the internet explorer then it shows unknown language format like chinese.
    2. Two or three icon are visible on the desktop with the name of PIPI Player, PP Live Net TV etc.
    3. If I open the Add/Remove program then one unknown language (like chinese) software installed there when I uninstall it but after few minute it install it again.
    4. when I Right click on any drive then it shows same chinese language in replacement of (OPEN & Explore). And it can not open. On the otherhand it can open from Right click on START manu and select explorer.

Any boddy have a remedy for this problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Ahmer ghafoor
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Sep 5, 2008, 08:49 PM
    Screen shots and I can see if it's chinese or not..

Ahmer Ghafoor Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2008, 09:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hjpan
    Screen shots and I can see if it's chinese or not..

Please find the snapshot for problem
    Attached Images

hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Sep 8, 2008, 10:15 PM
    That is not chinese...

*sigh*

Have you contacted any Windows representative about the situation>
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Sep 8, 2008, 11:35 PM
    Simplest solution first... System Restore back to a time way back when you know it was right.

• START > PROGRAMS > ACCESSORIES > SYSTEM TOOLS > SYSTEM RESTORE
    • Select Restore my computer to an earlier time
    • Click Next
    • Calendar appears (Section 1.), go back a couple of months and click on a dark blue date
    • If multiple restore points appear in Section 2, select one
    • Click Next
    • System will reboot and restore to the date selected

Fingers crossed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Re:unknown med [ 2 Answers ]

Geez! I was joking about taking it folks. Sorry, did'nt mean to cause a fuss. My Mom died of CA, and I just wondered what the name of it was so I could look it up in the PDR. I'm a nurse not a nutcase! Sorry everybody!!

Unknown [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know what to do with my ex.He broke up with me. Since apparently we were to busy. But yet he stares at me all the time ,and has a different girl every week. He tells them that they are no apparently to me. What should I do?:( :confused: :confused: :confused: :eek:

Unknown Virus [ 2 Answers ]

My notebook has strarted to slow down since a few months ago. I have Norton Antivirus which is updated weekly. But I think my notebook is infected with virus cause it shuts down and restarts without any message and it occurs rarely. When it shuts down I could see English sentences on the blue...

Anti virus disable, is is a virus? [ 1 Answers ]

I was running AVG atni-virus, and it just stopped working... it would start to scan then completely close out, so I deleted it off my computer and re installed it I had the same problem so I got norton and I had the same problem.  so I'm guessing I have something on my computer that's turning them...

View more questions Search