Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cheerbear291 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2008, 07:26 PM
    How do I lose it?
    I am 22 years old and weigh the most I have ever in my life. I am currently at 150. I am curious to know if anyone knows any free dies to help give me a jumpstart. I would love to lose 20 pounds. Any ideas? Please let me know!:D
    Teresa51 Posts: 48, Reputation: 3

Sep 5, 2008, 08:58 PM
    Low carb/High Protein

Eat no more than 20 carbs a day for 2 weeks.

That will get your jump started and give you some real confidence.
    cheerbear291 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2008, 09:30 PM
    Thank You so much!! If you have any helpful ideas keep me in mind!! ;)
    Teresa51 Posts: 48, Reputation: 3

Sep 5, 2008, 11:20 PM
    You can get little "carb counter" books at some check-out lines like Walmart or the grocery store. Carbs are now listed on the nutrition labels on the back of packaged foods but you will need the book to know the carb count in fresh fruits and vegs. Lettuce, like all other diets, is a food you can eat until your ears turn blue!!

I wish you all the best in your efforts. With the low carb diet, you'll be surprised at what you can eat and lose weight quickly.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2008, 04:41 PM
    First, do you have any illnesses? Like diabetes, high blood pressure. The reason I ask this is because you must be careful when choosing a diet. I go to gym and before I went on a diet I took a diet test. Me and my friend was on a low carbs diet prior but after the test I was put on the same low carb diet but my friend was put on a high protein diet. If you go to a bookstore, like barnes&noble, you can look up many diet books that have this test and give you a meal plan.

Note even with a diet it good to exercise as well.
    lmangileri Posts: 211, Reputation: 11

Sep 8, 2008, 09:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by algebra1reatard
    go to jenny craig or bally or curves fatass there r there for a reason so america wont get bigger
    This response seems inappropriate.

If you're not active already I would start by going for walks or bikerides. The best way to burn fat is through aerobic activity. I would join a gym. Other members keep you motivated and you will have more to choose from as far as weights go if you want to add strength training to the mix. A lot of times people gain weight after high school because they aren't in a routine like that anymore. There's no gym class in real life so you have to improvise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help me lose it [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I'm brandon and I'm 15. Now I play football and I want to get into rele good shape. Im 5'9 and 160 pounds. I work out and have muscle but I still am not happy with my body. My stomach seems to get huge every time I eat the littlest things and I dotn want to end up making myself throw up just...

Think and lose [ 6 Answers ]

Hi you guys, I'm a 21 yr old female that has been desperately trying to lose weight for a while, I recently gained a lot of weight due to me being laid off, and I I've been sitting around eating w/o exercising, it seemed like no matter what diet I go on, I don't see any lasting results,I gain it...

How many pounds do I need to lose to lose 1.5 cm or .6 inches to my waist? [ 1 Answers ]

If it helps I'm 5 feet 10 inches, 141 pounds, my waistline is 32 inches, and my bodyfat percentage is 16%.

Have it all, don't want to lose it all. I think? [ 2 Answers ]

I have lost my high paying job. I am not able to meet my financial obligations. I have the American Dream- House, Wife, Nice Car, etc. etc. and it is all going down the drain. While this situation has evolved and occupied my every thought, I really got to see my wife's true colors. My wife is a...

How to lose a war .be PC [ 15 Answers ]

"The insurgents who kill our young soldiers are ruthless, but we have sometimes been cautious in our response. Take the question of targeting bomb makers: There may be an unlimited supply of explosives in Iraq, but there is not an unlimited supply of people who know how to wire the detonators. In...

View more questions Search