Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harperr2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2008, 07:13 PM
    Replacing a 1990 Emerson Fan Motor
    I am replacing a 1990 Emerson Fan Motor (1/3 hp,1075 rpm, ccw) for a home air conditioning unit with a 2007 Dayton replacement motor (4M206G) and need help with the wiring.
    Original Emerson has Yellow, brown, and black wires. New Dayton has brown, brown/white stripe, black, and purple wires, and a green ground wire.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2008, 07:54 PM
    Clip and cap off the brown with the white tracer wire its not used on the new motor. Put the purple in the yellows spot and the black in the blacks spot and the brown in the browns spot. You just made a four wire hook up to a three wire hook up. You did get a new run capacitor with your new motor didn't you? Your new motor may take a different size capacitor.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2008, 08:52 PM
    Most/all the new morors I`ve installed lately the instructions on the side of the motor tell you where the wires should go, and they instruct you to put both the brown and br/white strip wire on the new capiciter,, one to each side,, a new capiciter is a must and very important
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2008, 02:32 PM
    The reason for the brown with the white tracer, is so you can identify and cap off the right wire for a three wire install.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring emerson fan motor for outside unit [ 1 Answers ]

I need to how to wire a emerson motor. The old motor and a clip that you plugged in. The emerson has no clip or plug it looks like you have to hard wire it.

Replacing ignition key cylinder 1990 honda civic [ 2 Answers ]

DOES ANYONE HAVE THE STEPS TO replace ignition key cylinder on a 1990 honda civic?

Replacing blower motor - matching new to old? [ 2 Answers ]

I just pulled out my old blower motor and am going to replace it. Do I have to match all the specs, i.e. must my new motor be 115v, 1phase, 1050rpm, 1/3hp, 9.9amps, 60hz. Can I/should I choose a motor with greater rpms or greater hp? Thanks for the help, Alex Ps - I decided to replace...

Emerson Motor Wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I've read (most) of the similar questions about blower motor wiring, but haven't seen any that match my configuration. I have an Emerson 1/3hp, 3spd motor with the following wires: Red, blue, black, green (ground) direct from motor. White and brown go from motor to capacitor with black out of...

View more questions Search