Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    quicklearner Posts: 38, Reputation: 3

Sep 5, 2008, 06:59 PM
    PICS! How do I wire under cabinet lighting (undercabinet)
    Hello all! I've just gone through every undercabinet lighting question and none are simple, easy and step-by-step for that "beginning" person. And yikes... no pictures! Let's change that! ;^)

(to give respect, the best straightforward explanation on the wiring is found here.)

So here are the order of the pictures... the kitchen cabinets are all along the same wall, with a left, right, and middle section. The order of the pictures are:

1) left light
    2) left switch (with toggle for garbage disposal)
    3) middle light (which is plugged into the left switch)
    4) right light set
    5) right switch

We need to clean up this ugly mess. What's the next step for hardwiring this and getting a clean installation. Fire away!
    Attached Images

quicklearner Posts: 38, Reputation: 3

Sep 6, 2008, 09:20 PM
    Oh... for clarification. Looking to get rid of all of the wires and have just one switch turn everything on. I can pretty much hide everything in the cabinet, just trying to figure out the wiring/adding a switch to the wall/tapping in/etc...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hard wiring under cabinet lighting [ 5 Answers ]

OK, I really need some help with under cabinet lighting. I posted earlier this week regarding the link below that suggests cutting the plug off the lights I bought and wiring directly to an outlet. I received a couple of replies stating this is wrong, but didn't receive any further help. If...

Under cabinet lighting [ 2 Answers ]

I am installing separate xenon lights of various lengths, typically 13", in 7 locations, each with its own transformer. 1st: Can these all be on one 15 amp circuit? 2nd: Wiring? I assume that I provide power to the switch and then daisy chain 14/2 wire to each fixture (daisy chain: one wire in...

Wiring under cabinet lighting [ 3 Answers ]

I purchased 110V fluorescent lighting for mounting under our kitchen cabinets. The lights came with a plug. I read on a DIY website that it is fine to cut the plug off and wire directly to an outlet inside the wall. Is this true? If so, do I simply wire straight into the back of an outlet? And...

Wiring Under Cabinet Lighting Directly [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, There's a nice set of Xenon under cabinet lighting at Lowe's that can be wired directly by popping out the knockouts. So I looked at the directions and they say you can use NM or armored cable but it just doesn't seem right, or to code, to use NM, I suppose running through a hole in the...

View more questions Search