Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ntvasn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2008, 12:21 PM
    Laptop won't boot up
    When I was trying to turn on my laptop (Toshiba Satellite 2435-S255 ) window xp tried several times to startup but failed.
    It compl:( isn't

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

Unfortunately I do not have the original CD that came the laptop, therefore I can't repair it. I went online to look for any alternative to fix this. I came across this website and downloaded NTFS Dos boot disk. I burn to the cd and tried to boot it with the cd (I changed the boot sequence to cdrom first) but it failed to boot (blank screen) I could hear cd was trying to do something and then it died. Then I power off and take out the cd and restarted the laptop again then I heard this 1 3 3 1 beep sounds nothing came on the screen. I checked the beeping code for Phenix Bios it said to check "28 autosize DRAM"
    What is "28 autosize DRAM" ? Is it my memory went bad? Or something else goes wrong?
    What else should I do to check which hardware is failing?

Does anyone out there has this Toshiba Satellite 2435-S255 Restore CD is will to share?

Thank you very much for your input.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2008, 04:23 PM
    Go into BIOS and reset system defaults and try to start again to see if this would help

Error would indicate issue with your memory

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop won't boot from external hard disk [ 1 Answers ]

I used Acronis 11 to clone the internal hd on my laptop to an external usb hd. I back up my desktop in this way and it works great. Internal drive breaks or gets zapped by a virus and I simply boot from the external. If I boot normally and connect the external drive via USB after windows...

I need to boot Laptop [ 1 Answers ]

I have backed up all, my files and I wanted to boot my system to restore it back to how it was when I got it. The reason is I installed windows anytime upgrade not realising it needed a key for it. I rang up acer they said it was not supposed to be installed unless you upgrade. They told me how to...

Laptop Boot [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Toshiba Portege S100 Centrino P-m 740 1.73 Ghz / 512mb 60gb Dvd/cd-rw Wlan 14.1-tft Xga Wxp Pro Uk A couple of days ago, while XP was just loaded, I switched off (hard reset) the laptop by mistake. I somehow must have done something wrong as I cannot get back to a normal XP session. ...

My Laptop Will Not Boot :( [ 3 Answers ]

Help please My packard bell lptop will not load windows. When I first turn it on, it displays a screen about an inconvience and list a few ways to boot, safe mode being one of them. I've tried to boot from safe mode and the last time it was working but it lists loads of writing which includes...

4month old compaq laptop won't boot [ 2 Answers ]

HI, If anyone could help me I would appreciate it. My Compaq Presario V5204NR Will not load windows. When I first turn it on, it displays a screen about an inconvience and list a few ways to boot, safe mode being one of them. It will not work from any of them, it starts running windows xp, then...

View more questions Search