Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 31, 2006, 10:17 PM
    So in many people opinion, including you and your friend. Do not bother watching the movie, just a waste of time and money?

Joe
    Jonegy Posts: 166, Reputation: 37

Jun 3, 2006, 07:28 PM
    Well at then end of the day it's a fictional film of a fictional book about fictional beliefs... if you can get a copy of it see the UK's Tony Robinson TV series "The Real Davinci Code" - though it will spoil the film for you - it completelly put me off even bothering to see the film. :rolleyes:
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Jun 3, 2006, 07:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonegy
    Well at then end of the day its a fictional film of a fictional book about fictional beliefs................... if you can get a copy of it see the UK's Tony Robinson TV series "The Real Davinci Code" - though it will spoil the film for you - it completelly put me off even bothering to see the film. :rolleyes:
    Fictional does not=harmless. Seeds of doubt are cunningly planted via fiction. For example, the film Damian is fictional yet portrays Satanic forces as more powerful than God. Other works of fiction portray sin as enticing. Life is presented as cheap and concepts of murder as entertaining and violence as acceptable in solving problems.

Links

http://www.revlu.com/grail.html

http://www.thedavincichallenge.com/expert.cfm?e=84

Jun 4, 2006, 05:58 AM
    The UK documentary (The Real Davinci Code) shot down one by one all the all of the so called theories of the book and therefore the film.

400 years ago, the sun went round the earth! It was accepted because people knew no better.

In this day and age if people are so naïve as to believe the "Bovine excretia" coming out of Hollywood - there must be something seriously wrong with the educational systems. Then again, the majority of believers in this seem to come from the country that accepts "Creationism" in education (okay - only in some states) - but how long will it be before Americans believe that it really was them that got the "Enigma Machine" off the submarine in WWII.

Anyone replying to this post with biblical quotations for proof will naturally be ignored by this "Devout Athiest" :D

On a lighter note - Tony Blair's first words on his recent meeting with the pope...

" Erm - yes - well - me and George have been in touch with the guy upstairs - and heres what he wants you to do..............." :eek: :cool: :rolleyes:
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jun 4, 2006, 06:14 AM
    Fictional does not=harmless.
    I don't believe for a moment that information is to be feared, even misinformation, even orchestrated misinformation which is better known as propaganda regardless from what camp it comes. There are more worthy things to fear.

We were given a discerning mind for a good reason, and in this newly dawning "information age" its all the more apparent how valuable a gift it is. As far as I can tell, each person is free to use or not use that gift as they see fit.

Just as they are free to view or not view any movie.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2006, 06:33 AM
    "31pumpkin agrees: Hey Karma - that's sounds so anti-christian. Now who's the hypocrite?"

I have no idea what you are talking about. None at all. Proof that I've been hypocritical about anything I've posted would be interesting. Other than that great comment.
    Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

Jun 4, 2006, 07:06 AM
    Gosh how enlightening... and here I thought this was all about a painter's secret ATM number, I really need to get out more :D
    31pumpkin Posts: 379, Reputation: 50
    -

Jun 4, 2006, 10:40 AM
    N.Karma -

To refresh your memory...
    Do you remember saying that I couldn't tolerate your religious beliefs( I think you meant Judaism or similar ethic maybe) a few weeks back?
    It was more like an accusation from you.

Now I see you laughing at any Christian protest for this movie.
    So that's why I said hypocrite. B/c you actually show that in your comment.

Not for nothing, but your idea of Christians ( I am judging from some of your posts r/t that) seems to be an ambiguous. That's all.
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2006, 11:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 31pumpkin
    N.Karma -

To refresh your memory...
    Do you remember saying that I couldn't tolerate your religious beliefs( I think you meant Judaism or similar ethic maybe) a few weeks back?
    It was more like an accusation from you.

Now I see you laughing at any Christian protest for this movie.
    So that's why I said hypocrite. B/c you actually show that in your comment.

Not for nothing, but your idea of Christians ( I am judging from some of your posts r/t that) seems to be an ambiguous. That's all.
    Not laughing at christians at all, I'm making a marketing statement - by all their non-stop pronouncements they are advertising the movie for free.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2006, 11:16 AM
    Did the painter really have an ATM number?
    31pumpkin Posts: 379, Reputation: 50
    -

Jun 4, 2006, 11:50 AM
    To: N.Karma

Was /is there a lot of protest? Last I heard of only one.

:confused:
    -

Jun 5, 2006, 09:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by valinors_sorrow
    I don't believe for a moment that information is to be feared, even misinformation, even orchestrated misinformation which is better known as propaganda regardless from what camp it comes. There are more worthy things to fear.

We were given a discerning mind for a good reason, and in this newly dawning "information age" its all the more apparent how valuable a gift it is. As far as I can tell, each person is free to use or not use that gift as they see fit.

Just as they are free to view or not view any movie.

The Bible views orchestrated demonic propaganda as dangerous.
    History shows us that it is:

Hate Propaganda in Nazi Germany, Rwanda, and the Balkans conflict--Jonathan Belman
    http://gseweb.harvard.edu/~t656_web/...propaganda.htm

Since some have difficulty understanding: I am referring to Nazi propaganda as
    Demonic. I am not referring to the film as hate propaganda since obviously it doesn't have the same motive Nazi propaganda does.
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2006, 09:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Starman

Hate Propaganda in Nazi Germany, Rwanda, and the Balkans conflict--Jonathan Belman
    So you consider the movie to be "orchestrated demonic propaganda"? It's also hate propaganda just like the Nazis did?

Wow, that's a scary world you live in.

Jun 5, 2006, 09:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Starman

I think (apart from the bible stuff since I have already identified myself as non-Christian who reads it for information only) you and I are more on the same page than not, Starman. While I grant you that it appears that propaganda in itself is dangerous, I do notice two distinct things about that:

1. People always say that... except about their own - funny how that works! :eek:

2. What will quench propaganda's ability to persuade people is the people's own ability to acquire information. And in this "information revolution", you could almost call it, I would contend that those without resources need help with that - LOTS of help maybe. More information, and more access to more information will run propaganda out of town eventually. We are already into that process by some distance, I believe.

And just for the record, as I have claimed in another thread, I feel I have personally looked into the face of absolute evil and know it now for what it is. I like the quote (can't recall who said it just now and may have quoted it poorly too :o ) that goes like this:

"Good has but one enemy and that is evil; evil has two, and that is but good and itself."
    -

Jun 5, 2006, 11:31 AM
    1. People always say that... except about their own - funny how that works!

I agree, anyone can say anything ad infinitum-but morality is not an arbitrary thing which is equally valid simply because a culture or government tells us so. Ethical morality is based on our rights as human beings as derived from our human condition. That's why governments are either praised or criticized for the manner that they govern and sanctions leveled against those that violate these officially recognized human rights. So yes, there are many views all claiming to be truth. But there is also a way to evaluate such views which provide us with a touchstone, a litmus, as it were with which we can evaluate and categorize something as either mere opinion, conjecture, or reliable fact.

Unfortunately, most persons do not know how to identify a con artist or ideas which are essentially without any justifiable foundation and are misled as a consequence. Since this is the case clearly identifiable false information calls for a counterargument.

There is nothing wrong in pointing at something false and calling it by what it is for the benefit of those unable to untangle the labyrinth of concepts offered up as truth. That's why we have teachers, courses in logic and ethics. If indeed we are born with such abilities then these courses would be unnecessary. Unfortunately that isn't the case.

Jun 5, 2006, 11:44 AM
    Ummmm, didn't we have that discussion (classes in critical thinking) on another thread?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 5, 2006, 12:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by valinors_sorrow
    Ummmm, didn't we have that discussion (classes in critical thinking) on another thread?
    Now that's an extremely sensible idea.;)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 5, 2006, 04:03 PM
    Some people are as sheep and will follow anywhere
    Some people don't believe anyone or anything
    ME! I know its only a movie so the factual value is nill.And I find it amusing that some make a big deal out of it. When I see it for myself I can comment if I was entertained or not!:cool: :D
    -

Jun 6, 2006, 12:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    So you consider the movie to be "orchestrated demonic propaganda"? It's also hate propaganda just like the Nazis did?
    Wow, that's a scary world you live in.

Scary for those who have no hope of a better future as God promises.
    For Christians it poses no such fears. Just a temporary inconvenience.

Psalm 37:11
    But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

2 Peter 3:13
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Revelation 21:4
    And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
    KJV

BTW
    I find a Godless world where mankind faces the future alone adrift in the blackness space and forced to accept the eternal oblivion of death and which predicts a future where a bloated sun obliterates all life on earth terrifying. But you seem to accept it tongue in cheek!

Jun 6, 2006, 05:45 PM
    As far as I'm concerned we pass through this place just one time only and I am grabbing as much of it as I can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help in VB Code [ 1 Answers ]

Good day, Iam traying to get result of my record as below If next record is biger than previous show "1" If next record is same previous show "1" If next record is smallest show "0" if next record is same previous show "0" Example

DaVinci Code [ 57 Answers ]

WARNING, if anyone has not read the book and wants to or plans on seeing the movie instead, I suggest they not read this thread. Discussion of the themes of the book may reveal plot twists and spoil enjoyment of the book. I just finished reading the book and found it very interesting. It's a...

Decode code [ 1 Answers ]

I am very happy to know about you. Please I am a Cameroonian and having a cingular phone with the following details. What happen with the phone is that my small brother took it and not knowing the operatings,entered a code that he could no longer remember.It show that he had changed the...

View more questions Search