Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rfurr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2008, 11:33 AM
    Allowable fundraiser
    A small local organization has asked our 501C3 organization to join in the publication of a business directory listing members of both organizations that are small business owners.
    Businesses would pay to be listed. Is this a permissible activity for a charity?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 9, 2008, 01:25 PM
    This is to raise funds for your charity, corrrect? I see nothing wrong with it. Only concern would be that you have to be careful if you provide receipts for chariable giving, as you must show the value of the service received (the value of being listed in the directory).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Allowable Social Security Income [ 8 Answers ]

I need to know what the total income for 2009 will be allowed by Social Security. This is the amount a person can earn and not have to pay any back out of their social security earnings.

What are NH late rent fees allowable by law? [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking to find out if anyone knows what the legal amount of late rent fee is allowable by law in NH and how late the payment must be to charge the tenant.

Allowable deduction for 2007 tax season [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I live in Texas and I have lived here since 2006. In 2007 I made certain purchases and would like to know if itemizing them as deductions if allowable. I purchased a new car in 2007, can the sales tax and the registration fee paid be considered as deduction? Are there any other fee...

View more questions Search