Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sunnywootxp Posts: 103, Reputation: -2

Sep 5, 2008, 09:34 AM
    Is it possible to restore something that is deleted from recycle bin?
    Hi Everyone

I accidentally deleted a file from my recycle bin is it possible to restore something from the recycle bin.

Thanks
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2008, 09:36 AM
    It is possible, but the average user would not know how to recover that lost data.

You will probably have to take it to a repair shop and let them dig into the bowels of your hard drive and dig up what you deleted.
    jcdill Posts: 249, Reputation: 24

Sep 5, 2008, 10:32 AM
    You may also have luck with data recovery software.

When a file is deleted, the file itself still exists on your hard drive. What is deleted is the index that tells the computer where the file's contents were. Data recovery software looks at the "empty spaces" and finds the deleted files. Most data recovery programs have a trial mode that will tell you what files it can find, and then you pay to register the program, and then it will actually do the file recovery.

HOWEVER it is CRITICAL that you not use this computer for anything else (browsing the web, reading email, opening other files) because every single thing you do increases the odds that the computer will use the "empty space" where the deleted file was (before it was deleted) and overwrite the data. Once that happens, the data is gone for good. So shut the computer OFF and use a different computer for your research, to download a recovery tool, etc.

The best recovery tool is one that will run from external media (doesn't need to be installed on the computer, because "installing" can overwrite the data you are trying to recover. You would use a different computer to download the software, and then copy it to a USB thumb drive, floppy drive, CD, etc. Then boot the target computer, and run the program directly from the external media without "installing" it.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to restore my purposely deleted trash bin [ 8 Answers ]

I was using rocket docket and thought it would be cool to remove my trash bin icon from my desktop so the only icons were the rocket docket. Well my computer is somewhat older and didn't like the docket so I had to quit using it. Now I don't know how I removed my trash bin and don't know how to get...

Restore deleted internet history [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a new computer and deleted the favorites on my old computer (I was giving this computer to a friend). I need to get the deleted favorites back. Any ideas? Thank you.

How do I restore deleted internet history [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there my internet history from yesterday has been deleted and I need it, any way of getting this back? Thanks.

Restore deleted internet history [ 2 Answers ]

I've deleted the internet history and now I need to restore it. How do I go about doing that?

Retrieving file deleted from recycle bin. [ 18 Answers ]

I have accidentally deleted an important file from the recycle bin, and I have done a system restore , is there anyway that I can retrieve the file??

View more questions Search