Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cindy60 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2006, 09:44 PM
    Boarderline personality disorder
    What is it?
    cindy60 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2006, 09:45 PM
    What is a boarderline personality disorder?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2006, 04:22 AM
    Hi, cindy,
    Here is a link with good explanations; including symptoms and treatments:

Borderline Personality Disorders

Best wishes.
    jurplesman Posts: 83, Reputation: 7
    -

May 6, 2006, 10:33 PM
    The link given by fredg refers to a conservative psychologically oriented exposé of "Personality Disorder".

As a retired Probation and Parole Officer, I define "personality disorder" to refer to any personality trait that is not within the norm. Most people who come into conflict with the law may be said to have a "Personality Disorder" that may range from drug addiction (about 75% of prison population) to sex offenders, to con-men, compulsive gambling, compulsive shoplifting (mostly by depressed housewives), or people with uncontrollable violence. Professional criminals are in the minority in most prisons.

Of course, there are many other people with "Personality Disorders" who never get into conflict with the law. People suffering from anxiety attacks or depression, OCD or PTSD may be said to also have a personality disorder. Thus the term is ill-defined and is mostly used when no other classification or category can be found.

I can assure you before people land in jails (in Australian prisons), they are often given many prior opportunities for "counselling' in one form of another. Thus most prisoners are "recidivists" who do not appear to benefit from past experiences or from learning.

I have given some of the reasons in:

The Forgotten Factor in the Crime Debate.

The problem is that most experts supposed to help people with a "Personality Disorder" and for that matter most other forms of mental illness, are not trained in the biochemistry of personality. The jails are full of people with 'untreatable mental illnesses', because psychologists and psychiatrists have such a poor understanding of the biology of personality.

Because of my knowledge in Clinical Nutrition I have been able to help many offenders with their "Personality Disorders". This is a major theme in my book "Getting off the Hook" see below.

But unfortunately my methodology was not well accepted by the powers-that-be for what I believe to be political and economic reasons and not for scientific reasons!

Please read about my experience working as Probation and Parole Officer in NSW prisons.
    Homecoming Posts: 26, Reputation: 5

May 30, 2006, 06:04 PM
    I just recently did a spirit removal clearing for a guy who was diagnosed with multi personality disorder. 3 weeks along and the people who work with him are noticing an incedible difference.
    Spiritremoval.com
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

Aug 21, 2007, 09:38 PM
    This is very late but for those browsing for this subject: BPD Central - borderline personality disorder - books, cds, info, support, resources, links

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Borderline Personality Disorder/suicide threats. [ 32 Answers ]

I need suggestions as to how to deal with a person who has a severe undiagnosed borderline personality disorder. She daily throws tantrums, is invasive, breaks objects and threatens suicide, but becomes believably sane if the authorities are called in and threatens to make false allegations...

Boderline Personality Disorder [ 9 Answers ]

I suspect my wife has Boderline Personality Disorder(BPD). She will never admit to this however. We are currently separated and she has physical custody of our son. I am worried that now that I am gone so to speak, that she will unleash her rages on my son. Is anyone familiar with this and is there...

Personality tests! [ 3 Answers ]

Is there anyway to show an even keel on a personality test? Can anyone tell me of a link to help me to talk one of those long and frustrating tests? Thanks

View more questions Search