Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xFalkenx Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2008, 05:55 AM
    Fafsa questions?
    I applied for FAFSA 2 weeks ago through the internet and haven't gotten a responses does this mean I am denied
    ANB428 Posts: 450, Reputation: 42

Sep 5, 2008, 06:21 AM
    No, this doesn't mean that you are denied. It takes a while for it to go through that is why you fill it out months prior to starting school. You can call the college that you want to attend and as long as you put that college on your fafsa then they can tell you if they have gotten anything.
    xFalkenx Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2008, 06:02 PM
    The web sites says 3-5 days after submissions using a PIN which I did. Why haven't I been notified yet its been almost a month? I am I denied? My family can't contribute and neither will the government balls
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Sep 5, 2008, 06:05 PM
    It takes a while to hear back, I didn't get a response for three months on mine. Be patient.

Sep 5, 2008, 06:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xFalkenx
    The web sites says 3-5 days after submissions using a pin number which i did. why haven't i been notified yet its been almost a month? i am i denied?? My family can't contribute and neither will the goverment balls

It took me a while as well. I think it was about 3 or 4 months for mine to go through. That doesn't mean that you are denied. Are you living with your parents?
    LeonnaNW Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2009, 10:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ANB428 View Post
    It took me a while as well. I think it was about 3 or 4 months for mine to go through. That doesn't mean that you are denied. Are you living with your parents?
    I applied 4 months ago & I still haven't heard anything what does that mean?

May 4, 2009, 10:42 AM
    I applied for Fasfa 4 months ago & still haven't heard anything what do I do? Have I been denied?

May 4, 2009, 01:56 PM

Have you comtacted the school that you are going to attend? Have you logged on with your PIN to check the status?

May 4, 2009, 02:21 PM
    Have you comtacted the school that you are going to attend? Have you logged on with your pin number to check the status?
    The school Im going to I didn't put it on there... I just checked it said its processed already but what do I do about my school?

May 4, 2009, 02:25 PM

You need to go and revise your FAFSA and put the school that you want to attend on there. This may take longer, I am not sure and then wait a couple of weeks and call the school.

May 4, 2009, 02:30 PM
    You need to go and revise your FAFSA and put the school that you want to attend on there. This may take longer, I am not sure and then wait a couple of weeks and call the school.

Thank you for all your help... You're a life saver:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are You Pregnant Or Think You Are? Have Questions? Post New Questions Here.. [ 21 Answers ]

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you think you might be pregnant, or are pregnant, post your questions here, as the other thread is getting so large that it's hard to keep them organized. Also, if you are a teen and have questions and/or fears, let us know and we'll help as best as we can, or find...

H1-B tax questions [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Atlanta Tax Expert, Here's my situation: I'm on H1B and my wife is on H4. I've 2 kids. We arrived in California on 20th July'07. I was here on H1B with my wife (H4) from May 2001- July 2003. We filed taxes as US residents for that 3 years. I'm a Singaporean. My questions: (1) I didn't...

How do I file taxes for my FAFSA now because I need them by December? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, the title is self explanatory. I need to file taxes due to me being a independent student. But, I missed the deadline for the e-file. I need to have the money and such by December so I can pay for my room and board. Please help!

Independent student filing fafsa.. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am filing the fafsa and css profile for financial aid at the turn of the year as an independent student because I provide for more than half of my child's support. I have never filed any tax forms though and am completely lost on the subject. I know(I think I know?) I don't need to file...

Few questions [ 6 Answers ]

I live in NY and work as consultant in NJ. My employer (sponsorer) office is in NH. 1)Can I itemize deductions for commute expenses from my home in NY to work place (where I worked as consultant)? 2) My employer cut tax of NJ. Do I have to file NY tax return also? -Mukul

View more questions Search