Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 5, 2008, 05:13 AM
    Must have, but useless FF Extensions
    Come on guys post up your favourite useless FF extension.

Here's a few that I use from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by US Department of Homeland Insecurity Idiocy Level
    Long Description

Displays the current Idiocy Level in the status bar.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1501
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagfox
    Long Description

Flagfox is an extension for Mozilla Firefox that shows a flag icon in the status bar indicating the current website's server location. It uses relatively little resources, and works by accessing an IP address database contained within the extension rather than relying on top-level-domain roots like ".com" or ".uk". Clicking the icon loads Geotool, which provides a map of the location as well as more information such as the ISP and city. The context menu also provides quick access to information about the country of origin, as well as the ability to lookup the site's registrant via Whois.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5791
    And my number #1 Useless extension has to be:

Quote Originally Posted by Bork Bork Bork!
    Long Description

Bork Bork Bork! can selectively make fun and amusing reading of all those web sites that appear to have been written by dry monotonic statistics professors or marketing droids overdosed on Red Bull from a list of URL patterns you create.

In addition to "borking" URLs, Bork! can also selectively block undesired web pages, images, Flash ads, scripts, essentially anything with a URL, from loading based on the same list of patterns.

Also if you select text from a web page, message, or composition window, you can right-click and "bork" a copy of the text to the clipboard and paste it back into a text editor, form, or message. Making it ideal for sharing your giggle with friends.

Finally, spam can take its rightful place with Monty Python and be fun instead of an annoyance. Bork! also works with Thunderbird and will automatically "bork" messages marked as junk. It can also "bork" based on sender address, again using a list of patterns you create.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/507
    So what's yours ?
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2008, 06:12 AM
    I'm relatively new to Firefox, but I absolutely adore the Facebook toolbar/extension/thingy. It puts your searchable Facebook friend list in the browser window, as well as pokes and messages! Annnnnd, whenever someone does something on your page, a little notification pops up!

Yes, I'm a Facebook geek. So!

I'm also a history geek that wears red stilettos. I balance out. Chick with Brains. :)
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 19, 2008, 04:31 AM
    Is that it, no one else wants to play :(
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2008, 04:44 AM
    As long as I have AdBlock the rest is fluff to me. :D
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

Jan 13, 2009, 07:15 PM

Flashgot, downloadthemall, download status bar, redshift theme,

Those are a heck of a combination and htey'll help you download 99% of anything on the internet
    NoDaddy dot com Posts: 101, Reputation: 0

Mar 4, 2009, 01:50 AM

bork bork bork
    +1

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/392

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2886

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm not working and feel useless in my relationship [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am 18 and I have been with my boyfriend for a really long time now. I have always been the strong and smart one. I Just recently quit my Real Estate job and have been out of work for 2 months as I am trying to decide what career I am looking for. With my relationship I am starting...

Feeling useless [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, This is the first time I use internet to express my feelings, I came to a point when I really need to talk and to be listened to. I think I have mental issues that prevent me from succeeding in life. I feel totally useless and undesirable. Even if people often tell me that I am smart and...

Is Bsc useless? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am Aditi from Mumbai and I have just completed my Hsc Board Exams.After lot of thinking I have decided to take Bsc in Biotechnology as genetics is one subject that interests me a lot.But people say that Bsc has no value at all . Is it so ?

Useless Constitutional Law? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm talking about the president's not being allowed to declare war without Congressional consent and his getting around that by simply not declaring war and going to war anyway. If it's that easy to get around it why not trash the law altogether since it certainly isn't saving lives or hindering...

It's weird and useless but please try! [ 2 Answers ]

Hello.. for many years I've been wanting to wear a chain in my neck. But when I did after 1h ++ my neck began to itch and itch really bad until I would scratch my skin open and infect it. Not so long ago I found in an old box in my house, a cream called ''spectro gluvs - skin irritant protection...

View more questions Search