Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emms Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2008, 11:08 PM
    Toxoplasmosis in pregnancy fear
    I am in my first trimester of pregnancy and seem to have gone into anxiety over drive!

I am looking for any help or logical/rational opinions and I don't trust my own at the moment :) .

Last night I was at a dinner party, as I am so early on I haven't told people yet. Part of the entrées was some small cocktail sausages and as I had already turned down a couple of things I felt under pressure to eat something. I picked out the most cooked looking one and bit in... but I didn't get any further as I looked at the inside and it looked very very slightly pink. I spat it out and didn't eat anything.

I am so paranoid that I might be at risk from toxoplasmosis. The logical part of my brain is saying that I didn't actually eat anything so how could I get it. But then the illogical pregnant part is saying that it might be possible as although I didn't eat it I still bit into it and had the meat in my mouth for a few seconds.

Please help, I feel like I am going slowly crazy!!

I am over analyzing ( I know that) but I still need some opinions.

Thank you all so much.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Sep 5, 2008, 10:08 PM
    Hun I used to eat med rare steaks while pregnant... while I actually cooked them... I think your over thinking things. I ate everything I wasn't supposed too... I bet your mom ate these things when she was preggy with you too... relax, take it one moment at a time and remember along with everything else your mind does play tricks on you too... lol...
    ConfusedInAK Posts: 184, Reputation: 16

Sep 5, 2008, 10:14 PM
    I drank coffee, ate eggs, fish (even tuna) and everything else under the sun with 3 of my kids... (not the 4th but that's a WHOLE different story) I even smoked with one of them... please don't yell at me for that I quit when I was 3 months along

One of the greatest things about cravings is that it's our bodies way of telling us what we need :) Though I am entirely unsure what purpose a bologna, onion and butter sandwich has LOL

Don't do drugs, Don't drink alcohol... and don't smoke!

Make sure your meats are cooked (and sausage sometimes has a pink hue) and don't eat raw eggs... and everything else in moderation.

If you notice those guidelines for eating during pregnancy are changed ALL the time... one year it's don't eat eggs, the next year it's don't eat pringles...

What is it this year? Oh yeah... steer clear of tomatoes and such... You and your baby will be fine... you don't have to change your diet unless you become diabetic, toxic, etc... and your doctor will tell you if you need to adjust ;)

For other reasons don't touch cat pooh or mouse pooh, etc. because of the bacteria...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cats & Toxoplasmosis [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Folks, just wanted ask about Toxoplasmosis and cats. We have a cat and a little concerned. Is this something that cats just generally carry? Or is this something that can be tested and treated. I am in the process of calling my Vet now and for the test it's 125 bucks :eek: , wanted to know if...

I have to get rid of this fear. [ 12 Answers ]

I had a crazy experience a little while ago. See, I am deathly afraid of bee's/wasps. They are my biggest fear and when I am around them I look like an idiot because I flip out pretty bad. I panic. Well, on my drive home from my lunch break I was jamming to a song and I felt something fly into...

Still fear him [ 2 Answers ]

When I was a child 8 to 13 I was getind raped by my aunts boyfriend.Now I fear everyman.even my husband. He took what meant the most to me. I'm scared to go out I'm scared to be alone. My mom never did put him in jail and I see him allmost everyday of my life and all I know to do is cry and I...

Fear? [ 4 Answers ]

This may sound strange, but if I walk into a room with a ceiling fan that I going, I just freeze up, my heart starts pounding, and I have to literally force myself out of the room. If I am in the room, and the fan is not on, I'm fine, but as soon as someone turns it on, I practically run out of...

View more questions Search