Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AlyssaJoelle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2008, 05:29 PM
    My sons father is everything BUT that.
    My son is 9 months old and I decided before he was born not to be with his father. He was there for the birth and spent the first 2-3 weeks coming to visit our son about 2 times a week. Then it started getting less and less and to this date he has only seen him about 15-20 times. He told me he wanted to start seeing him again so I would get off his back about nothing being a good father. We got a court order that we "share" custody of our son.He was supposed to get him once a week during the week and every other Saturday for a couple hours. Then after a month of doing this he could then have him every other weekend 1 over night. The court date was in June and it is now September. He hasn't called or come to pick up his son since a week after mothers day in May. Even after the court date when he was to come get him he hasn't followed through with the papers. He told me he would give up his visitations if I would drop the child support, but as much as I'd like that I can't financially take care of him on my own. He is married already and has another child on the way in December. I wanted to know that since he hasn't seen him or called that if there is a certain time that I could go to the judge and explain to him the situation if he would grant me full custody, and take away his visitations and still pay child support. I know I can't terminate his rights because I do not have anyone to adopt him. But is there a way I can get his visitations taken away after so long of him not following through with the papers and even if he doesn't agree with it can the judge just do what is best for my son?
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

Sep 5, 2008, 07:26 AM
    If he doesn't visit his child why would you take way his his visitation rights? He doesn't use then. A very wise judge once told that when I wanted visitation rights taken away.

Go to court and get the child support set. It doesn't sound as if he will be using any visitation rights that he may receive.
    I am not sure about this but I believe that along with support comes some kind of visitation rights.
    Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My sons father [ 1 Answers ]

My sons dad wrote me a better nasty note and left in in his diaper bag when I picked him up from his house last weekend. It said that he doesn't want my our son anymore because he doesn't like seeing me. He doesn't care about my son, he doesn't think what this is going to do to him. Now he says...

How Can I Get My Sons Father To Give Up His Rights [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Im a 20 year old mother to my almost 2 year old son. me and his father where together for almost 2 years before we finally ended it. i went throught sooo much with his father n i can't get it out of my head. Now im going through this rough time because his fahter keeps getting introuble...

What's the best way to test my sons father? [ 7 Answers ]

My ex (an alcoholic and recreational drug user) wants to take my 5 yr old son to his hometown of virginia for 4 days. Every time my ex visits there, he gets high and binges on alcohol, cocaine, and meth. I will only consider him taking my son if he agrees to a drug and alcohol test as soon as he...

I am having a problem with my sons father we went to court feb 14, 2005 and he got v [ 7 Answers ]

I am having a problem with my sons father we went to court feb 14, 2005 and he got vistitation threw the visitation center never went there and denied there services now almost a year later not see his child or not paying child support after being ordered 75.00 per week. I get a letter telling...

View more questions Search