Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Miiiiia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2008, 04:33 PM
    I'm pregnant.
    I´m 17 years and I´m pregnant. What should I do? The father is a guy I met in when I was in spain, and I have no contact with him now. Should I keep the baby or have an abortion? Please help me!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 4, 2008, 04:55 PM
    Keep the baby or put the baby up for adoption.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 4, 2008, 05:07 PM
    This decision is yours and yours alone. Many here will tell you to keep it, or to abort it, or better yet to put it up for adoption.

While each of those are options, they all carry their own consequences and while one might be right for me, it might not be right for you.

I warn you now that you are going to get so many responses that recommend one of the three (abortion, adoption, or keeping it), but this decision can only be made by you and your family.

Please discuss this with your parents and make the choice that ONLY you can make.
    morena13 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2008, 05:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Miiiiia
    i´m 17 years and i´m pregnant. what should i do? the father is a guy i met in when i was in spain, and i have no contact with him now. should i keep the baby or have an abortion? please help me!
    Well it is your decision whether to keep the baby
    But I will give you adive though you are still young
    You should keep the baby. Because why kill another's
    Life over a accident that happened? Also try your hardest
    To get in contact with the baby's dad
    If not you can also ask your parents for some
    Help raising the baby
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 05:54 PM
    Whatever decision you make, be sure you can look yourself in the mirror afterward. You decided to take on adult behavior and now you have to make an adult decision that affects other people's lives.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Sep 5, 2008, 10:52 AM
    Contact an adoption service now. One of the benefits of deciding to do such a wonderful thing as providing a childless family with this beautiful gift is the family will take care of you in many ways over the next year. It can be a joyous year getting to know the new parents, and having all your medical expenses and such taken care of.

This can be a great year, for you, for them and ultimately, for the rest of your baby's life.
    sanobia89 Posts: 16, Reputation: -1

Sep 5, 2008, 11:20 AM
    I simply don't care for abortions
    There are so many teenage parents today that
    Are rasing babies [by them self]
    Ypu can do it but its yet, your choice. I say keep the baby
    Because the baby will soon be your motivation to keep you strong
    Brownin Posts: 31, Reputation: -1

Sep 14, 2008, 04:38 PM
    No one can answer that question for you it is a life changing thing and you should sit down and think about what you really want because at the end of the day you are going to live with your decision for the rest of your life, having a baby young is not always an bad thing but having a baby young and not being able to take care and love he/she how they should be is, so make sure YOU make the decision.
    lmangileri Posts: 211, Reputation: 11

Sep 14, 2008, 04:45 PM
    I would watch the movie, Juno.
    lmangileri Posts: 211, Reputation: 11

Sep 14, 2008, 04:48 PM
    I should have elaborated on that. If you don't know what the movie is about it's about a girl in high school who gets pregnant and knows she can't be a mom yet so she decides she wants to get an abortion. While she's at the clinic a girl from school is standing outside with a sign about abortions- you know how people do that? Well she ends up not following through with the abortion and lets a woman that's wanted a baby for years adopt it. I know it's just a movie but maybe you should check it out
    GothGirl1771 Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Sep 18, 2008, 03:59 PM
    Don't abort it... there are a lot of young couples out there who want a child, give him to adoption or keep him. You can change somebody's life.
    Expert

Sep 18, 2008, 04:02 PM
    Again, this is a personal decision ONLY the op can make. There are pros and cons to both adoption and abortion.
    Viliami Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2008, 05:22 PM
    No babies deserve to be brought into this to end up being killed. . its not the babies fault so why take its life. And adoption wouldn't help. The kid would only grow up wondering who its real mother and father is. . which could lead to him/her hating them for just leaving. . keep the babie and cherish it. . maybe someone could help you look after it.
    Expert

Sep 18, 2008, 05:24 PM
    Again, this is a personal decision. You see, we all have our own views and no one is more right than anyone else.

Some people think abortion is murder, others don't (aside from using it as birth control0

Some people think that the stress of pregnancy and labor and delivery can be mentally traumatic, so adoption is hard and can leave a permanent scar.

Yet, other people believe that some are too young or immature to raise a child.

Nobody is more right or wrong, it is a personal decision that the OP must make on her own.
    BlueBearcat11 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2008, 05:26 PM
    It reall is your choice but if you have a lot going and youdont have time for a full pregnancie term I say abortion. But if you have time adoption
    Expert

Sep 18, 2008, 05:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBearcat11
    It reall is your choice but if you have a lot going and youdont have time for a full pregnancie term i say abortion. but if you have time adoption
    It's not about if you have time or not. That is actually ridiculous.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2008, 05:39 PM
    Oh dear.

Make your choice and run with that decision. Forget about asking us, total strangers to provide you with an answer.

Best wishes, and whatever you decide it will be right FOR YOU!
    katii Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2008, 06:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Miiiiia
    i´m 17 years and i´m pregnant. what should i do? the father is a guy i met in when i was in spain, and i have no contact with him now. should i keep the baby or have an abortion? please help me!
    The baby needs a chance to live. Keep it. You never know what he/she will do in their life. They might be the next president, einstine, or be an amazing athlete. Give the kid a chance. The father will soon find out. Trust me you'll find a way to contact him soon.
    shannon08 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Sep 29, 2008, 05:37 PM

Simple keep the baby.
    nebomb1982 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2008, 05:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Miiiiia View Post
    I just turned 26 years old and I have three kids, a 4year old and twin 1 year old girls. It's extremely hard! And my 4 year olds father is not in the picture, and he is very close by. Like everyone else I feel the decision is yours and yours alone, I thought I would'nt be able to do it, but babies have a way of making you grow up and be more responsible. You are strong I can tell that just because you decided to ask for help. I know many girls that had gotten themselves pregnant @ a younger age than yours and they or doing fine, everyone not the same but, there are ways. You have Planned Parent Hood you can look them up, there great with this kinds of situations or Birth Right, their organization will help you with whatever you need. Anything from helping you make the right choice for you to helping buying baby items, even help you with housing situations.Please check those sites out or go visit one in your area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

I've been pregnant twice and miscarried both times. Could I be pregnant again? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so here's the deal... Last November I knew something was off... it was early Jan when I realized I was three weeks late... I went to a clinic and found out I was pregnant. About a week and a half later I miscarried. In April I started my period and it was not normal... and then it seemed to keep...

Pregnant agen or still pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! Had a misscariage 4 weeks ago and now have a positive pregnancy test result, my belly feels bloated and breasts feel tender all the pregnant symptoms but if I was less than four weeks would I be getting these feelings or is it possible I didn't have a misscaraig and am still...

Am I pregnant. [ 2 Answers ]

Well I haven't been on birth control in a good two-four weeks, and I had sex with this friend of mine. The first time we had sex for a few minutes then stopped because we were both tired from work... about a week later I got really sick. It got cold here and I think I might have the flu, but is it...

Am I Pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

I started my period on October 31, but it's only spotting. I never had this before. Does this mean that I'm pregnant? With my first child, I had a light period that only lasted a day and a half. This time it's just spotting on my period. What does this mean?

View more questions Search