Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    glshubert Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2008, 01:47 PM
    How To Change Drive Belt on John Deere 175 Hydro
    Anyone have a manual page or tips and tricks on how to change the main drive belt on my JD 175 Hydro? It is like a 91-93 model. It sure looks like a nightmare. Looks as if I have to take some of the steering off and some of the brackets underneath to get the belt slid by them.

Would be nice to have a scan of the shop manual.

If calling you would help email me you # and I'll call you.

Thanks
    Greg Shubert
    [email protected]
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 02:08 PM
    Remove the belt guides from the tranny and the engine. Loosen the 2 idler pulleys at the idler plate. Remove the deck belt form the electric clutch. Remove the bolt from the electric clutch and remove the clutch. No you do not have to remove the steering shaft. Make a drawing of how the belt is routed so you can relpace with new belt properly

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I change drive belt on 38 riding mower sabre by john deere? [ 2 Answers ]

My riding lawn mower a 14.5/38 sabre by john deere broke the drive belt and needs to be replaced, need to know belt size, how to install and belt routing. Thanks. <moved>

Replace drive belt on L120 John Deere [ 3 Answers ]

I have a L120 John Deere Lawn Tractor and need to replace the drive belt. It looks like you have to remove the steering column in order to do so. Any help on how to change it would be greatly appreciated.

Drive Belt for a John Deere 68 Riding Lawnmower [ 1 Answers ]

I have four questions for this one. 1. What size belt drive belt will the John Deere 68 need? 2. How do I install it? 3. Where can I get it? 4. And is there possibly a manual for this mower anywhere? Thanks. :)

Change drive belt on John deere mower [ 1 Answers ]

How do I change the drive belt on a John Deere 118 riding lawnmower

View more questions Search