Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2006, 11:59 PM
    God made flesh as man.
    Do you believe God was made flesh as a human being?
    I do... Here is why.
    +++
    I believe that what the Bible has to say about it is the truth.
    The coming of the Messiah, God the Son, as the Son of God was prophesied thus: (From the RSV)
    Isaiha.9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government will be upon his shoulder, and his name will be called "Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." 7. Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David, and over his kingdom, to establish it, and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and for evermore. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will do this.
    Notice that the prophet of God said that the Messiah would be the Mighty God and that his influence would increase. There are now 2 billion Christians.
    +++
    Matthew quoted from the Old Tetament thus.
    Matthew 1:23. "Behold, a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and his name shall be called Emmanu-el" (which means, God with us). + Again a statement that the Messiah is God.+
    +++
    Before He was born of woman and given an earthly Name was The Word of God without the name of Jesus.
    Thus….
    John 1:1. IN THE beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2. He was in the beginning with God; 3. all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made.
    John 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth; we have beheld his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father.
    +++
    And this is how it was done ….
    Luke 1:26. In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, 27. To a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary. 28. And he came to her and said, "Hail, O favored one, the Lord is with you!"
    29. But she was greatly troubled at the saying, and onsidered in her mind what sort of greeting this might be. 30. And the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. 31. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus. 32. He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, 33. and he will reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there will be no end."
    34. And Mary said to the angel, "How shall this be, since I have no husband?" 35. And the angel said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy, the Son of God.
    +++
    So we see from this that, before the beginning of the universe as mentioned in Genesis Chapter 1 was God the Creator and as the first chapter if John tells us The Word in whom all things were created become flesh. That’s right; “The Word was God”, The Creator, who became flesh through birth from the Virgin Mary.
    ++++
    Then there is the recorded episode of God, The Holy Spirit making an announcement thus:
    Mark 1: 10. As Jesus was coming up out of the water, he saw heaven being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove. 11. And a voice came from heaven: "You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased."
    ++++
    Then there are records of Jesus saying He and The Father are one such as in John 10: 38. But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father."
    +++
    In John 20:28 we see the record of what doubting Thomas said when he was confronted by the resurrected Christ…
    28. Thomas answered him, "My Lord and my God!"
    Note that Jesus did not deny that he is God.
    +++
    That is but a few of the Biblical proofs that Jesus IS the Son of God and God the Son. In other words it He is said to be the ManGod, or God and man as a human being.
    There is much more!
    +++
    Peace and kindness,:) :) :)
    Fred
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

May 5, 2006, 08:08 AM
    I also believe that what the Bible has to say about it is the truth but believe that Jesus is God's Son and not God himself. Of course that doesn't mean I have the authority to brand you as not being a Christian since you do place your faith for forgiveness in the ransom sacrifice and that is essentially what is required for salvation.

John 17:3
    And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

It just means that we differ on that particular point which will be clarified for everyone in God's due time.

Isaiah 11:9
    They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

Accurate knowledge is definitely an advantage of course. But I don't think God places accurate knowledge above a sincere heart which wishes to do his will and is trying the best it can under the circumstances. I have seen persons which were brimming with accurate knowledge and who
    simultaneously behaved more like Satan himself than like Jesus.

Ironically, these were the same individuals who went around gratuitously tagging others as goats and as being unsaved because they lacked the knowledge he had. I'm not saying you do this. Only saying others have the habit of placing too much value on mere knowledge and have ruined themselves in the process so a balanced viewpoint is essential to avoid our becoming both judge and jury concerning other people's eternal destiny or status before God.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 5, 2006, 08:25 AM
    Actually Starman, most christian demoninatins all believe and teach that he was both man and God, son of God and yet God. The idea of the trinity.
    So if you wanted to call him not a christian for beliving that he was also God, you would have to call 90 percent of the christains wrong.
    -

May 5, 2006, 08:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Actually Starman, most christian demoninatins all beleive and teach that he was both man and God, son of God and yet God. The idea of the trinity.
    So if you wanted to call him not a christian for beliving that he was also God, you would have to call 90 percent of the christains wrong.
    Why would I want to place myself in God's judgment seat and judge people's status before the creator?

James 4:12
    There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

BTW
    Numerical predominance does not guarantee either moral correctness or scriptural accuracy. The premise is faulty making the conclusion false. If numerical predominance is to be used that way, then all the atrocities committed and approved at one time by most people calling themselves Christians would have to meet with your approval simply because they were in the majority-which I am sure they don't.

Matthew 7:14
    Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. KJV
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2006, 10:00 AM
    Starman,
    Thanks for you opinion.
    Your belief is interesting.
    But I will continue to believe as the Word of God teaches which also agrees with the greatest Biblical authority.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    -

May 5, 2006, 03:30 PM
    I was not attempting to change your beliefs. Simply giving an opinion as you requested.
    There is no need to downgrade another person's beliefs in order to respect one's own.
    You choose to abide by the decision of the Nicene council. That's OK. As long as you grant others their right to disagree with that council and to not consider it the highest authority.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Made you think this? [ 2 Answers ]

I have an essay due on the 27th and I cannot think of anything to say.. I was hoping someone can give me a few ideas to help me get on my feet. The topic is... Describe an experience that changed the way you think about something. Please help me pick up on my paper.:confused:

I think I made a mistake [ 4 Answers ]

Been dating this girl recently who I was really into, but due to circumstances at the time which I won't go into the situation couldn't work so I called it a day, she wasn't too happy. Things have changed and I really would like to see this girl again I just don't know how to approach her, i.e. I...

How fog is made? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, can anybody explain me how fog is made?

Made some changes, now have problems. [ 2 Answers ]

Just finishing remodelling my kitchen. I changed out my sink and faucet, while doing this I decided to add a disposer. I removed the existing plumbing and started by feeding my dishwasher to the top of the disposer. From the disposer a straight pipe to a tee of the other sink basin drain, then down...

View more questions Search