Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gotti65 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2008, 08:18 AM
    How can I heat 1st floor from basement
    I have a wood burning fireplace in my basement, how can I get that heat to the 1st floor or the living area of the house?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 05:44 PM
    Think about it,, heat rises on its own, hot air is lighter than cool air,, maybe some vents in the floor,, open the inside basement door,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing Floor Registers to Draw Basement Heat [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 2-story colonial in CT. The heating system for the house is oil-fired (forced hot air). A couple of years ago, I finished the basement and made it a den. Since there was no heat in the basement, I installed a propane heater made for rooms - the one I installed (a Rinnai) is actually rated...

Wet Floor in Basement [ 7 Answers ]

:eek: The carpet has been wet the last few times it's rained. But it is in the red line in the picture, so I wonder if this means it is a crack in the floor rather than the wall. You can't see the picture unless you can log into myspace. But the wet spot is wider at the wall but extends narrowly on...

Basement floor [ 2 Answers ]

Why is my basement floor sinking

Basement floor drain [ 6 Answers ]

We have a cast iron basement floor drain with no valve to prevent backflow. Can you put such a valve in an iron pipe and, if so, would I have to go to a plumbing specialty store to get one? The ones at Home Depot are only meant for plastic pipe. If I have to convert to plastic, what is the best...

Wet basement floor [ 3 Answers ]

In May when I first turned on my ac I had wet spot on my basement floor that came through my carpet. I had to put a condensate pump on near my furnace and water heater. That seemed to solve the problem until yesterday I noticed that the same spot as before is wet again and also around my furnace....

View more questions Search