Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    colehaan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2008, 07:58 AM
    I would like to know how should it cost to have a fuse box containing 8 fuse to a circuit panel.

That fuse box is in a coop apt.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2008, 08:11 AM
    <Moved to Electrical and Lighting>
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 4, 2008, 08:56 AM
    We would love to help you but all our estimates would only be a ballparl estimate. Not as accurate as an easy answer to your question. This type of work will require a licensed electrician and a permit. Call 3 electrical firms and get their estimates in writing. No commitment on your part yet and you will have 3 answers to your question.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 4, 2008, 06:06 PM
    I'm with Bob, however you should first check with the coop management. If I understand the concept of Coop living correctly, you don't own the unit itself, only the right to occupy.
    albinfla Posts: 310, Reputation: 35

Sep 4, 2008, 06:15 PM
    I think it is safe to say that you'll probably spend $75-125 per hour for labor for a master electrician. That's just labor rates. Remember if he is modifying with a permit that he may have other work to bring existing stuff up to code. That is why the other guys didn't want to tell you how much it will cost.

Listen to their advice and get 3 estimates. Make sure you look for hidden potential fees. Request referrals if you don't know an electrician. Ask around to your friends and see if they know anybody good.
    Al

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing fuse box with Circuit breaker panel [ 3 Answers ]

I want to replace an old fuse box with a circuit breaker panel. Do I need a 200 AMP service? (considering putting in air conditioning in the future). The house has two apartments so I want to make sure there is adequate service. As I know absolutely nothing about this, what questions should I...

Fuse box to breaker panel [ 2 Answers ]

How do I replace a fuse box to a circuit breaker panel?

Upgrading from a fuse box to a circuit breaker box [ 1 Answers ]

How do I upgrade my fuse box in my home

When converting a fuse box to a circuit breaker [ 2 Answers ]

Is it legal to feed a circuit breaker through a fuse box as long as the fuse can handle the load?

Panel Circuit Breaker [ 3 Answers ]

I live in a four bedroom colonial. The Pacific Electrical Panel is 125amps and 29 circuit breakers of which 3 are not in use. Is it necessary to upgrade the system to 200 amps? I have no problems with it and is seldom overloaded. If I choose to upgrade the panel what is the cost of such a project.

View more questions Search