Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BHarathi Raja Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2008, 05:05 AM
    How true is the doomsday 2012
    I saw in Viewzone Magazine explanation on how there is going to be a catastrophe most of my friends believe it how far it is true
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 4, 2008, 05:07 AM
    Probably about the same as the 2000 millennium bug and everything else we hear concerning the End Of The World
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 4, 2008, 05:09 AM
    If you are referring to the Mayan calender and 2012. The ancient Mayans believed their the world as they knew it would end on 2012. I am not going to hold my breath when that year comes.

Every ancient civilization had their own doomsday predictions.

So what do your friends propose to do about it ?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2008, 05:37 AM
    December 12th 2012 is the end of the 12th baktun cycle in the mayan calendar. The mayans believed that the previous world to ours ended at the end of it's 12th baktun. I don't think they said anything about when they believed this world would end, though.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2008, 05:42 AM
    Look at the very bottom of this page, you'll see previous threads that deal with that exact question.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 8, 2008, 05:54 AM
    You don't have to worry about any doomsday in 2012, because this week we're all going to get sucked up into a black hole caused by experiments at CERN.

(just kidding)
    jrwild62 Posts: 111, Reputation: 2
    -

Sep 9, 2008, 12:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ebaines
    You don't have to worry about any doomsday in 2012, because this week we're all going to get sucked up into a black hole caused by experiments at CERN.

(just kidding)
    No kidding, They are making a big stink about that. Tiny black holes that consume everything? I think they are trying to create actual 'matter' just from pure energy. That in itself is a little creepy. However, it is human nature to find origin. It will never stop.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2008, 04:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrwild62
    I think they are trying to create actual 'matter' just from pure energy. That in itself is a little creepy.
    This happens every day, all around you.
    -

Sep 10, 2008, 08:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    This happens every day, all around you.
    Here are my questions. What is ultimate goal of CERN? Does it have a practical purpose? Or just to see if they can do it? Are their applications to the real world that can be derived from this experiment?
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2008, 08:43 AM
    The ultimate goal of CERN is to prove that God didn't create the heavens and the earth. They want to prove that the big bang theory actually happened. IMO, their experiment is dumb.
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2008, 09:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE
    The ultimate goal of CERN is to prove that God didn't create the heavens and the earth.
    Any proof of that?

Feel free to start here: CERN in a nutshell
    -

Sep 10, 2008, 11:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE
    The ultimate goal of CERN is to prove that God didn't create the heavens and the earth. They want to prove that the big bang theory actually happened. IMO, their experiment is dumb.
    That seems to be the mission. That's what I thought.
    Science has this particle accelerator and religion has a BANANA as proof of God. Google the banana thing, it's pretty funny.
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2008, 11:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Any proof of that?

Feel free to start here: CERN in a nutshell
    Okay, fine. I believe that's what those scientists are trying to do. I can't prove it though. When I heard it on the news, the first thing that came to my mind was 'they're trying to prove the lord otherwise.'
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2008, 12:33 PM
    That explains your "location". :)
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2008, 01:22 PM
    Oh so you think I'm using my imagination, eh? :)
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2008, 02:08 PM
    Hey I'm the Canadian, I do the "eh?' around here. :D
    DuBas07 Posts: 69, Reputation: 3

Sep 10, 2008, 07:25 PM
    :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Will the world end in 2012 [ 17 Answers ]

So I was watching a show today and they were talking about the Mayan calendar and how it ends in 2012. It stated that when the calender ends the world would end. They even gave the that of Dec 22 2012. It goes on to say that The Mayan people were genuises. They knew what would happen on the sun...

December 21, 2012 [ 38 Answers ]

What Will More Than Likely Happen On December 21 , 2012 At 11:11 A.m... according To Nostradomus , The Mayan Calender , Edgar Casey , Albert Einsteins Bee Disapearance Statement And The Bible We Have Transformation Of Our World ,what Do You Think... habeebee

Ancient mayan calendar end date in 2012 [ 57 Answers ]

During the last year I kept stumbling upon information regarding 2012, more specifically the 21st of December 2012 (12/21/12) and have become very interested in what the ancient Mayans knew surrounding this upcoming event for Earth and the Uinverse and the Universal beings here awaiting this event....

Mayans say 2012 is end of world [ 16 Answers ]

I dotn know the full story but does anyone believe this? I find it scary They said December 21 2012 the world was going to end... let's discuss this ^.^

2012 end of world [ 18 Answers ]

The maya had this belief that they could tell time using a 13 moon counting system and they said that time would end on 21 of December of 2012 now then if you believe this then please put down why you think this if you don't believe like me then put down how and why I think this is fasanating to...

View more questions Search