Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alysons Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 06:13 PM
    Shipping company misses promised delivery date
    Company loses revenue due to shipping company missed delivery date. Shipping company agrees to pay company lost revenue due to missed delivery date. Do we record the shipping company's check as revenue or credit to shipping/cogs accounts?
    delite Posts: 202, Reputation: 3

Sep 3, 2008, 09:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alysons
    Company loses revenue due to shipping company missed delivery date. Shipping company agrees to pay company lost revenue due to missed delivery date. Do we record the shipping company's check as revenue or credit to shipping/cogs accounts?
    Set up a lliabilty for shipping co acceptance of liabity;the contra is your companys asset.if payment is made, reverse liability being record as income
    AdamUTsel Posts: 100, Reputation: 2

Sep 4, 2008, 08:06 AM
    I'm not sure I follow this answer. It's not feasible to set up a liability for someone else's liablity.

If the revenue is "earned", you should record it and set up a receivable account. The receivable account is relieved when payment is actually received for the company's error.

If there is a contingency on whether they will pay this, you should have an allowance for uncollectables already in place to catch the fall.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Denial of promised compensation [ 2 Answers ]

I am part of a team working through a contractor at a very large corporation. We were told upon hiring that we would be paid a base plus incentive for performance to goal (we are in sales). We were asked by the contractor and the client company to be patient as they were completing the written...

I promised myself I wouldn't do this but. [ 6 Answers ]

I don't want to bother everyone with another hey... am I pregnant question but I do have a question that is kind of like that. I have some symptoms of being pregnant like sore breast, cramping, last night I wanted ice cream and as soon as I tasted it, I didn't want it anymore. (my fav ice cream!)...

Licences and get permit for my moving & shipping company [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I am a putting together a moving company.I currently reside in prince georges county in Maryland. Not really sure about the legalities of my intended business.. i.e. how to obtain licences (& or) permits.please advise on what to do,what office to go etc.. Thank you Young Entrepreneur

Mom misses kids [ 2 Answers ]

:mad: hi all,, well where do I begin my ex won't let me see my sons I have my daughters ages 4 an 14 my boys are 8 an 10, he hasn't let me see them since my daughters grade 8 grad June 2007 so it has been pretty sad round here the girls don't know what to think an I don't know what to say, this is...

Promised a pay raise [ 13 Answers ]

So I have been working for this company for 8 months. 4 months ago I was stopped by the boss and told that they were really impressed; so they were giving me a payrise. Uping me by £2000 extra a year ontop of my already fixed annual salary. I was so excited and knew with this payrise I could...

View more questions Search