Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fandm2007ily Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 06:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by josiahtobe4
    I would like to know how do i get my joint custody vacated from the father.
    Me too!! Do you know what the sufficient age is of Nevada?
    fandm2007ily Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 06:11 PM
    Needing full custody to live with my mother!
    I want to live with my mom. My dad and her both have joint custody over me. My dad moved 15 miles away from where I have lived for 6 years, and he has a new wife and stepson only a year and a half after my parents were divorced. He refuses to let me see him on weekends and let me live with my mom, so everyday he has me wake up at five a.m and drives me to my school 15 miles away. Now, he is trying to remove me from my school into another magnet school one hour away. This is too much change for me and both my mother and I really need help. Is there anybody that knows someone or at least knows the sufficient age for Nevada. I really need your help!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 3, 2008, 06:22 PM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

Second, Define "sufficent age" Your question is not clear at all.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 3, 2008, 06:34 PM
    Age of the child has nothing to do with having or not having joint custody.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 08:18 PM
    Your mother is the one that would have to go to court. She would have to file a petition for you to live with her rather than your dad and the judge would have to sign off on it. Have you talked to your mom about this?
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 08:19 PM
    There is also another post by this same person on this same topic that should be combined to know the rest of the situation.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 4, 2008, 09:54 AM
    I've merged your two threads, now your other question makes sense, though it had nothing to do with the theread where you posted it.

There is no place in the US where a minor child (under 18) can make the decision as to which parent to live with. That decision can only be made by a judge. In some states, there are rules about how much weight the judge should give to the child's wishes, but the decision is still the judge's.

What your mom needs to do is file a petition for a modification of the custody order. She will then go to court and explain why she wants the change. At that point the judge will likely listen to what you have to say and then make a decision.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm a single mother need to file for full custody [ 12 Answers ]

Im a single mothe with 1 baby who is currently 1 yr and 7 months in california san diego , i currently receive child support started this month and the father of the child is currently in louisiana and want to have my daughter for a month i don't mind him wanting to spend time with her but...

Single mother filing for full custody [ 3 Answers ]

Hi My name is Jen, My daughter was born may2nd and her father signed paternity papers so that she would have his last name. Stupid of me I know. I want to file for full custody but I'm not sure exactly how it works. Once he is served court papers I'm afraid he will try and take her. What do I do?

Mother wanting full custody [ 9 Answers ]

OK well I'm a young mother, 17 actually and I have a 6 month old son... I just recently broke up with the baby's father... we were just boyfriend and girlfriend... nothing really serious... I'm afraid he's going to take my son one day for a little bit and not bring him back... I want to know how to...

Step parent adopt child when he is married to mother with full custody [ 1 Answers ]

I have full custody of my daughter. Her father barely calls her when he does it's about once a month and he tells her jokes. She is 6 will be 7 in April. He does pay child support. He is active duty in the Army stationed in Germany I don't know where he is exactly because he remarried and moved...

Full Custody To Mother [ 4 Answers ]

What rights do I have as a full parent to my son? If the father of my son wants to take him to another state to spend time with him what do I do to prevent that from happening because I want to have monitored visits and since we live in different states, how do I prevent my sons father from taking...

View more questions Search