Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rayomandd Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 03:35 PM
    Track 401K
    Hello,

I need some advise and assistance if possible with respective to my old 401K account. I left my company in 2001 and now the company has been closed and I have lost my latest401K statement which I had received and do not any longer receive any statements.

I need to track the financial institution where the 401K was being deposited. All I have are the companies payslips.

Please help.

Thanks & Regards
    Raymond
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 3, 2008, 04:16 PM
    Try checking with the SSA. They are supposed to be informed on any retirement accounts.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Sep 3, 2008, 06:12 PM
    After searching the web, this is what I found:

1. Contact former employees you worked with and see if they still have any information.

2. Most plans are required to file an annual "Form 5500" with the U.S. Government. You can search these 5500's for the name of your former employer. Try Annual Return/Report 5500 Series Forms and Instructions or Welcome to freeErisa.com!. If you can find a Form 5500 on an old plan, it will have contact information.
    maxis Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2008, 08:34 PM
    Unclaimed Pension Benefits Total $133 Million at PBGC

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Track Lighting: 6 pendant lights/4 sections of track 2 lights not working? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Here is the situation. Two light bulbs blew. Our handy man told us that when you replace the bulbs 12v that you can not touch them or they will keep blowing. So we used gloves and changed the two blown bulbs. Voilą! Light. About 3 days later the first one blew again and then the...

I need a track name [ 1 Answers ]

Hey all looking for an 80s track was a dance song more new wave sounding then dance though some of the lyrics are its so easy to turn off your problems its so easy ???????? thats all i know there is a really cool beat to it and its been used in alot of movies for sure for the life of me i can't...

How do I track down a forgotten 401K? [ 1 Answers ]

I just turned 43, and am beginning to realize the importance of financial planning... I know better late than never right?! Anyway, I had a few 401Ks over the years at various employers, but never kept track of them. Its been 8 years since I worked for "corporate america", and now Im self employed,...

Cutting Track Lighting track [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone know why Hampton Bay track states that you cannot cut the track? Every other brand allows track to be cut to the needed length and Hampton Bay is worthless to me if I can't cut it.

View more questions Search