Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GARYSGRL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 03:28 PM
    Is it possible that I could have an ectopic pregnancy
    Okay I'm 20yrs. Old. Ive had 2 P.I.D's & one of which I have right now. I have all the symptoms of being pregnant but when I went to the ER my test come up negative. I got treated for my P.I.D, but am still having pregnant symptoms. I am now 2 weeks late on my period & I have NEVER been late before. Except for the 2 times I was pregnant which I miscarried both. I was reading today the signs of ectopic pregnancy and it scared the hell out of him. It said that sometimes if you have an ectopic pregnancy the hpt could show up negative. I was wondering if you think that I am pregnant or am I just over thinking this.
    Thanks
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 03:44 PM
    Contact your obgyn and tell him of your concerns. That way you will have an accurate answer to your ? From what I understand you would test positive if it was ectopic.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2008, 04:49 PM
    As danielnoahsmommy said, wise to let your doctor be aware. Ectopic pregnancies will still show a positive on a pregnancy test since you would be pregnant, just with the implantation happening outside of the uterus. Levels may alter a bit later on, but there is just too wide of a range as to what is considered normal with hcg levels. An ultrasound would be needed to know one way or the other.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ectopic pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

Dear all, I would definitely need your help.I was diagnosed for ectopic pregnancy on march 1st 2007 and so an emergency laparoscopy was done.But thankfully the doctor said there was no damage to both my tubes since the baby had come out of it naturally and it was more like a tubal abortion.hence...

Ectopic Pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

I had a ectopic in May, and I got my first period but it is lasting forever it seems like, 13 days to be exact. Anybody know how long this will keep up?:(

She has had an ectopic pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, my husband and I live in a very isolated part of Australia. There are a lot of young families here for work - Living away from their families and friends back on the coast. We have become close to another married couple, which has been nice for company and support. On Sunday my friend...

Ectopic Pregnancy [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I would appreciate if someone has got knowledge in the above subject to give me an immediate answer. One of my closest friends went on holidays on 28th March 2006. He stayed with his family for one month. His wife has consulted a gyaenacologist who gave her a contraceptive pill as both of...

View more questions Search