Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jayondsmommy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 12:30 PM
    Light to dark hair
    I have been bleaching my hair for about 1 year... fully blonde no highlights nothing just super super almost white blonde. I want to dye it a med. Brown. I know that part is easy... but I want to put red in it also. Should I put it in the blonde, or wait till its all brown and put the red in it. Because ei don't want like blood red.
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Sep 4, 2008, 03:11 AM
    When dying the hair to a brown from blonde, you will need to deposit a base shade into the hair. Apply a red colour on the hair, dry it in. Then put the brown shade on top. By doing this, you will avoid getting the green cast that some people get.

Also, please could you be specific about the red bit? You want the brown to have a hint of red? :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I dye dark hair light brown? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. My hair is naturally dark brown. Over the years i've had streaks put it in. The other day i had enough of my dark roots, so i wanted to dye all my hair lightbrown. As usual it went dark dark brown almost black. i hated it. :mad: The next day i dyed it with a lighter colour hoping it would...

I have dark hair and I want to make it light. [ 6 Answers ]

Ok So I Have Pretty Dark Hair But I Have Natural Red Highlights Which Come Out A lot In The Sun And Stuff. But I Don't Want Dark Hair Anymore And I Want To Make It Light. Like A Very Light Brown With Blonde In It Or Something Ya Know. So Im Asking Could I Be Able To Do It Myself? Do I Have To...

How can I get my dark hair light again? [ 6 Answers ]

So I got my hair dyed at a salon today at like 4:30, I have like medium brown hair, and now its like almost black! I want it GONE!! What can I do!! Like ASAP?

Hair Color? Dark to Light [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am an outgoing female and I am sick of my dyed black hair I want to dye it another dark color w/ VERY light chunks thruogh it. Does anyone know how to do the light hair part w/o completely destroying my hair or w/o changing it green ar any other obnoxious color

Dark Hair to Light [ 1 Answers ]

My son's girlfriend colored his hair the other day. They were hoping for a dark brown, but it's almost black. He wants to lighten it up a bit (his natural hair color is a light brown). Any suggestions?

View more questions Search