Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Harshpal123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 11:06 AM
    Health Insurance Sponsor
    Is Health Insurance generally supplied by employer? Is there a way to get Insurance separately other than the employer.. If yes, please refer some good insurance companies..
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Sep 3, 2008, 11:46 AM
    Health insurance is generally offered by the employer but that depends on whom you work for.

Recommending a good insurance company is tricky. Depending on where you live, there may be a small company with good service. Every insurance company will have people that have had good and people who have had bad experiences.

My suggestion is to inquire if your employer is offering it. This is often a cheaper way to purchase, but not necessarily depending on what your employer chooses to offer. You could also contact a home or auto insurance company to see if they'll give you a discounted rate on health insurance.

Your best bet is to call around and ask for a free quote. Anyone who works at an insurance company will help you through the process so you can select what's best for your needs.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 12:36 PM
    Plenty to look at online. My son got Carefirst PPO coverage for about $ 85 per month.
    He is single but there are all manner of deductible and co-pay options. Took him about 3 or 4 weeks to get coverage.
    pamgrneyes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 01:43 PM
    Hello, my name is Pamela. My question is this. I am a cashier in a conveince store. And the medical that they proved is not very useful. So I am looking for medical insurance on my own at this tim. How do I find this. I make only six dollars and 55 cents an hour, And was told today that they have cut hours at our store starting next week. I live alone in Goeverment Housing. So I have no outside help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 3, 2008, 02:02 PM
    First actually in the US, many people are uninsured, and most places of work no longer funish insurance or if they do it is too costly to afford.

Private insurance is available if you are in good health, but again it is not cheap, BCBS, United American, United, are some of 100's of health insurance companies.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Sep 4, 2008, 01:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pamgrneyes
    Hello, my name is Pamela. My question is this. I am a cashier in a conveince store. And the medical that they proved is not very useful. So I am looking for medical insurance on my own at this tim. How do i find this. I make only six dollars and 55 cents an hour,. And was told today that they have cut hours at our store starting next week. I live alone in Goeverment Housing. So i have no outside help.
    Hi Pamela

I'm sorry you find yourself in a difficult situation. I suggest looking online or in your local community for an insurance agent that can help you find something affordable. There are a lot of options out there and an individual at a company can help you sort out what you need without paying for extras you don't.
    Good luck
    fireandice2007 Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Sep 4, 2008, 07:17 PM
    In Utah, where I live, we have many programs available for those who cannot afford insurance. Depending on your circumstances, a lot of these programs will cut the cost for the policy, sometimes completely. Pamela, I would recommend getting in contact with someone in a community resources position that can tell you what is available in your area... as for personal policies, in my experience it is best to call around, but be sure you find out exactly what is covered... a lot of time when you pay less you get less coverage... you get what you pay for, so to speak

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Health insurance [ 3 Answers ]

Hello my name is catherine,my husband is 65 years old and on social security and medicare he had a mass heart jan 16.2007 his income is about $1550.a month his co-pay for his medication is around $140.00 +rent $565.00 and other monthly payment $450.00 and $400.00 food for the two of us he is on a...

Health Insurance [ 7 Answers ]

I have had an existing kidney condition since I was six years old. I have had to have half of my left kidney removed. I also smoke so it's hard to find affordable health insurance. Do you have any ideas of any companies that will allow me health insurance at affordable price.

Health Insurance [ 1 Answers ]

My doctor's office will not release a claim to me with all the necessary information such as the diagnosis code and service code (cpt) because of HIPAA ? I have a self insured plan, the doctor is non-par and will not bill it, and I am trying to get myself paid. How can I get this information ? And...

No Health Insurance [ 1 Answers ]

My friend is 25 and has cancer. She doesn't have any health insurance. Are there programs that can help get her medical attention.

No health insurance [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend just recently discovered a lump. He has no insurance and needs to get a biopsy done right away. He cannot afford the costs, is there any way or anyone to help?

View more questions Search