Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jay_bastida Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 10:22 AM
    Disciplinary Boot Camp for sister
    My sis is 16 yrs old and has been through a lot of problems with the law; she is currently on probation and she has a court hearing coming up for some dumb things she did; my mom is really really hurting because we all try to help her out but she is just very disobedient and rebellious, to the extreme. We want to help her but she doesn't let us; my mom has told me to find a disciplinary boot camp in which we can enroll her rather than her go to jail (parole officer is saying that upon court date she will probably go to jail for a few months, therefore advised to enroll her in a boot camp so the court system sees this as a way to punish rather than serving time) I really do not know what to do and have no idea how to locate this boot camps, there are fitness, mental, rehab, and all those but can't seem to find the one that would be a disciplinary one, if there is such a thing...
    Any advice would really be appreciated, thank you.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2008, 02:41 PM
    Call your local Sheriff's office and ask them. They should be able to point you in the right direction.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 3, 2008, 04:57 PM
    Calling the local sheriff's is a bit of a joke. Why would they get invoved in this scenario and suggest a teenage disciplinary boot camp. I am sure the teen would not want this information to get around the community and why would anyone want to destroy her self respect anymore then it already has been.

Keep it in the family, sit down and discuss it and find a suitable place (and I am sure you will have to interview several before you find one that works for her and her alone).

I am not suggesting sweeping it under the rug but there is a very fragile t een involved here.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 3, 2008, 05:51 PM
    At least in Georgia, the boot camps are operated by the State, or under contract with the state, and the Juv officer and/or Juv case worker should know of all of the approved camps. Normally it is not you, but the state that will provide the camps they can go to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Programs for young men after boot camp [ 1 Answers ]

My son is 20 and he has ADHD and suffers with depression.   Not an excuse for bad choice, just a little info to present a clear picture of this person.. He needs to obtain his GED and employement.   Please help. I'm not sure of what programs are available.  We live near Chicago, Illinois.thanks

Boot camp [ 2 Answers ]

What is the yougest you can send your child to boot camp for misbehavior

After boot camp [ 19 Answers ]

I am joining the Air Force in August of 09, and I want to know what it is like to live in the dorms after boot camp and a way from you parents, what was it like for you

Is 7 old enough for boot camp? [ 55 Answers ]

I've had it. I'm ready to send my 7 year old to boot camp or the freakin Jerry Springer show. She is always stealing things from me and everyone else and lying all the time. I do not trust her. I tried to give her a chance on the trust thing and she failed. She takes things from her class mates at...

View more questions Search