Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Palmtri Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 10:18 AM
    Can a glass shower door be installed on the edge of shower.
    I just had a new shower installed and I wanted to put the shower door on the edge of the shower because the width is 29". Is there a way that the glass can be set on the edge without breaking the tile when installed?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 3, 2008, 10:49 AM
    I may not be picturing this correctly but I do not see how placement on the edge will alter the narrow width. Can you explain further?
    rtw_travel Posts: 347, Reputation: 36

Sep 3, 2008, 10:50 AM
    You need to provide a picture, drawing, or at least more of a description of the shower stall, base & door you have. Custom or prefab? Separate shower enclosure or combined with tub? What does the door attach to?

Edit - geez - I stop typing for a phone call, and Bob beats me to the first answer again!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dismantle sliding glass shower door [ 2 Answers ]

How to dismantle glass shower door

Glass shower door installation problem [ 7 Answers ]

My contractor put in an entire new shower for me, including the walls, fixtures, tile, etc. There is a glass shower door between two tiled half walls (and then glass going from the half walls on up). The glass is frameless except for where the glass meets the tops of the half walls. When the...

Glass shower door slips [ 3 Answers ]

We have a frameless glass enclosure for our shower. It is constructed with 2 side panels fixed with silicone caulk on top, bottom and side and a door that has hinges inserted into u-shaped cutouts. There are inserts that sit between the hinge and the glass that are a clear flexible plastic-like...

Frameless shower door installed on glass block [ 1 Answers ]

I am faced with trying to install a frameless shower door on glass block. The problem is that with the weight of the 3/8" door and the spacing of the hinges;it is not feasible to anchor the hinges into the grout joints. Any suggestions?

View more questions Search