Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 24, 2008, 08:21 PM
    You can always tell who the big dog is. He's the one that lets the little dogs bark, as long as they stay on the porch!

They are beneath your notice.
    wikedjuggalo Posts: 406, Reputation: 43

Nov 24, 2008, 08:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    You can always tell who the big dog is. He's the one that lets the little dogs bark, as long as they stay on the porch!

They are beneath your notice.
    I get what you mean Tal I'm calming down. I don't know but something about empty life threats get to me.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2008, 06:20 AM

A word to the wise, a man who hits a women is not a man. I understand your frustrations as I am sort of going through the same problem, just with my fiance's ex. I just let it roll off my back and until he steps up to the plate he can sit on the sidelines and watch my live my life.

Nov 25, 2008, 08:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Romefalls19 View Post
    A word to the wise, a man who hits a women is not a man. I understand your frustrations as I am sort of going through the same problem, just with my fiance's ex. I just let it roll off my back and until he steps up to the plate he can sit on the sidelines and watch my live my life.
    Trust me I learned that at a younger age. I haven't sent messages or called any of them. As far as hitting a woman I would never. But this tool Terry seems to have no issue with it. As I said also I won't be the person to go and confront them but should the be dumb enough to do something its done. I have recorded the voice mails and text messages. I am done being nice.
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2008, 08:16 AM
    Just remember to not bring yourself down to this douche's level. Your better than that!

Not to piss you off or anything, but your ex is a moron for leaving you for such a low class, poor excuse for a man!

Nov 25, 2008, 08:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmw0713 View Post
    Just remember to not bring yourself down to this douche's level. Your better than that!

Not to piss you off or anything, but your ex is a moron for leaving you for such a low class, poor excuse for a man!
    Going down to their level would consist of me being stupid and sending messages back. It doesn't piss me off because I'm above both of them. Should they do anything to my car etc. I will press charges and not hesitate to pursue anything else. I am done being the nice guy.
    LifeChangesMan Posts: 329, Reputation: 39

Nov 25, 2008, 01:28 PM
    Stand up for you pal, your doing the right thing and you know it, that's good enough.

Dec 9, 2008, 07:32 PM

Well I'm not in such a great mood. I feel very used and lead on from a "friend". Long story short I feel played because she expressed feeling for me and took them as such. We had been talking for awhile etc etc. She ends up talking with her ex and she is going to get back with him. I did not do anything to suggest she not, I suggested she do what makes her happy etc etc being the good friend. Come to find out she never felt the way she expressed towards me and thus I feel very played and used. Can I get a damn break? I am just upset at myself for allowing this more than anything. I brought about this issue and assured my place in her eyes. I am upset because I feel very played because before he was around in the picture she showed a very different view.
    Expert

Dec 9, 2008, 09:43 PM

I'm lost, what happened?

Dec 9, 2008, 09:53 PM
    I'm lost, what happened??
    I'm sorry do forgive me. Let me explain some more. This girl who I have known for a long time had expressed feelings she had always had for me for awhile. Mind you I was not jumping into anything and this is who I went to visit on my break. Now mind you she expressed feelings to me many times over. I was just going with the flow enjoy it and the talks. She started talking to her ex again and to make it short is getting back together with him. Probably partly do to my encouragement for her to do what will make her happy. I was acting as a friend and did not let any selfish reasoning pop up. Today it came up because I had enough of it, that I asked her position on how she looks at me. She started by saying she loved her ex. I did not get upset as I had figured all of this out sometime ago but was remaining her friend. She apologized for this which irks me because nor does she feel she lead me on at all. I feel very played and used (emotionally and physically). I did not jump into anything but merely was playing everything by ear. I can't help but feel she did, she expressed all of this and now her ex is back in the picture... ugh tired of playing it over in my head. Point is I feel used and played.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2008, 06:54 AM

You are just having all sorts of good things happen huh? I feel for you. This sort of thing happens, and the best way to deal with it is not letting her get to you, even though it seems she was confused and may (don't know if it was intentional) have used you. Emotions suck, and they can be confusing as hell.

Dec 10, 2008, 07:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kctiger View Post
    You are just having all sorts of good things happen huh?? I feel for you. This sort of thing happens, and the best way to deal with it is not letting her get to you, even though it seems she was confused and may (don't know if it was intentional) have used you. Emotions suck, and they can be confusing as hell.
    Its not so much her. I'm more mad at myself for allowing this to happen.
    Expert

Dec 10, 2008, 08:07 AM

Close this chapter for good, and celebrate!

Dec 10, 2008, 08:09 AM
    Close this chapter for good, and celebrate!
    Your messages are always short but some how contain the most wisdom. I have closed a many chapters this year :D What's another. Well a new year is coming and with that I hope to have better things happen. This whole year has been very tiresome.
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2008, 09:41 AM

You'll be OK. You have been through this before. You now know who you are, how to handle yourself, and what you must do.

I am with you on the new year... bring on 2009 because 2008 sucked balls!!
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2008, 09:43 AM

Yeah, 2008 is not cool at all. Wrap this year up!

Dec 10, 2008, 10:34 AM

Yeah I don't have enough fingers and toes to count what has been so bad about 2008. My transmission died on me early this month :D cost me 1200 dollars too!

Jan 19, 2009, 05:01 PM
    For those who care to read an update:
    Well its been over a month sense I even visited this site. There were many reasons for this, I started working a lot more once I got out of school. My grades were D's and C's I won't lie. This break up played a bit part in my ability to concentrate on school. It was too late by the time I was able to refocus myself on my classes. I spent christmas alone but at my choosing because I did not want to fly to KS with my family to visit family as I needed money so I worked. Its been tough I won't lie.

The other person who I thought wanted to enter my life did set me back also but I have closed that chapter and moved on. I was hurt by these actions because clearly actions spoke against her intentions. I decide to cut myself out of any communication of this person, as I really have no reason to talk as she does not realize what she did and as such I will not go out of my way to instate the anything. I rather disappear on good terms then have a abrupt end on bad terms if you get what I am saying.

School didn't end well but I will continue it, I am taking 13 semester hours all online as I don't want to drive back and forth. I decide to get an associates in Networking Technology and then get a Bachelors in Software engineering. My GPA is bad as I did bad last semester but I still get my full financial aid but I have to pull it up before Fall.

I have come to realize what I did wrong in the relationship. I allowed myself to be blinded and not accept things. I also allowed myself to be treated in a manner not acceptable and shall never again be treated like such again. I was too giving and have learned to restrain myself. I want that comfort/feelings back not her to be brutely honest. I see a picture of us at prom every time I walk out of my room. I decide not to take it down but left it up to make me stronger. Those were good times I need to remember that and not attempt to cloud them over with how it ended. Those intense emotions don't jump instead I simply smile. I noticed when I saw some pictures of her in Japan visiting her family that is stationed there from the Air force. It was through a mutual friend I was not sitting here stalking her myspace :). She looked happy and for that I am happy.I wait for the day I meet someone who will share the same level of feelings for each other as I did for her.

I sent her, at least her last know address, the calculator and movies like I said I would before stuff got stupid. In it I wrote a simply note simply apologizing for the drama and informing her she will not have to worry about anything like that ever again. I did not get a reply but I did not expect one. If in all honest if I say her tomorrow I would probably just give a slight nod/smile and keep walking. It wasn't easy cutting her completely out of my life but it was the best, I am a stronger person for doing so. Reading back I see how much of a mess I was and I laugh at some of the things I posted. There are those times in the early morning when I am heading to bed I feel alone but nothing like before.
    Thanks to those who left me those encouraging words to get me though this.
    Expert

Jan 19, 2009, 06:19 PM

I still can pronounce your name but glad your dealing with your situation in a positive manner, good luck with school, bring back some A's (okay, just pass for us! Don want to stress you, Lol!)

Jan 19, 2009, 06:21 PM
    I still can pronounce your name but glad your dealing with your situation in a positive manner, good luck with school, bring back some A's (okay, just pass for us! Don want to stress you, Lol!)
    Meah you can't stress me as if I don't get All A's (maybe one B) I won't get getting much financial aid next year. And I'll break my name down for you (its old but) Wicked (the c is left out :)) Jug-a-lo :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am so confuesed. Break? Does that mean break up? [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend decided to text me and tell me we needed a break. He promised me we would get back together. He said he keeps thinking about the past and stupid stuff. He said I was his everything and that we would be back together real soon. His ex has kept bothering him.. and now we talk but I...

Break up and taking a break [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend asked for a break because he's been too busy. Its been a week and I'm not sure whether were on a break or completely done. The last he told me was that we weren't completely done. But how do I know if we're still on a break or if its over?

Should we break up [ 14 Answers ]

I've been dating my girlfriend for a year , she is still married and always tryies to avoid the topic of divorce. She says that its hard for her and she will deal with it when she's ready. I told her that if I wanted to get married one day I couldn't marry her. That makes me sad,she says mean...

View more questions Search