Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goldenloon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 04:09 AM
    Can I tell her I love her?
    I am 28 years old graduate. I have a female friend who I am are very close with we chat a lot and share our deep secrets. But now I am madly in love with her, and I don't know whether she takes just as a friend. And I am afraid of her response if I tell her my mind. How do I solve this problem.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 09:06 AM
    If you tell her you love her right now, you could scare her. Take it slow - ask her on a date and see how it goes. Good luck!
    akez Posts: 68, Reputation: 8

Sep 3, 2008, 09:17 AM
    We tell our bestfriends our deep secrets... is there anything more to this? Have the two of you ever held hands? Cuddled? something? Is so, she's obviously not seeing you as the brotherly type. In that case, you might consider doing something special.
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Sep 3, 2008, 01:04 PM
    Couple dates and then let her decide.
    Gift-Of-Gab Posts: 16, Reputation: 4

Sep 4, 2008, 07:30 AM
    Don't jump straight in with the "i love you",
    Tell her you are developing feelings for her that is more than just friendship and ask how she feels, if all goes well ask if you can go on a few dates and just see how it goes!

Xoxox
    alanalov Posts: 88, Reputation: 2

Sep 4, 2008, 05:58 PM
    Are you sure it's love?
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 07:28 PM
    How long have you been friends with her?

If you do only all friendly gestures all throughout,you should change a little on your approach. Like call her on her home, send sweet text messages, offer a ride to bring her home or school, carry her belongings, buy her a food etc. Women are naturally have good insticts. Even the slightest change is noticed so by the time you open your mouth, she won't be shocked. Who knows she might ask first?
    brkfstatiffs Posts: 263, Reputation: 21

Sep 5, 2008, 02:25 PM
    I wouldn't jump to telling her you love her, but tell her how your feelings have grown and you'd like to try to date, and take things to a different level. She will be flattered in the least. And honestly, if you guys have known each other awhile - I think it would be okay to tell her you are falling in love with her, only if you have known each other awhile and you think she may have similar feelings to want something more. But I would start with dating her first.
    fireandice2007 Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Sep 5, 2008, 07:02 PM
    From a girls perspective, if you have truly kept your feelings hidden, then it will probably scare her if you jump right to I love you. I agree with everything has been said before. You need to be honest with her and let her know that the feelings have changed on your end. Don't worry about making things weird by confessing this. If you are both mature, then you will be able to accept this even is she does not feel the same. I was in the same situation a while back. I fell in love with my best friend. He did not feel the same, but after it came out and he knew how I really felt, well things were a little tense for a while, but things went back to normal and everything was fine. I have made the mistake in the past of not expressing my full emotions for fear of rejection, however, I later found out with some of them that they felt the same and now I have the regret of "what if" hanging over my head and heart. So follow your heart, but don't move too fast. If you are as close as it sounds, she probably already has some inclination that you have feelings for her. Women tend to be able to read these things better than men, at least in many cases... not sure how much help I have been but I hope you can take something out of this...
    jennifer824 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2008, 09:51 PM
    Something happened for you to fall in love with her , you say she is a very good friend, then it's time for you to look for signs of her being interesed in you. Just remember yes if you come out with your true feeling s about her, to her maybe she might be shocked But also remember being good friends means not keeping any thing from her. Your real question should be what would she do if I told her my true feelings or what would she think if I kept this from her, If you can answer those two questions then you know what you should do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Real love or puppy love [ 11 Answers ]

I was wondering if the love I feel for this boy is actually true love. The thing is that I'm only 16 and I have fallen deep for this 17year old boy. We went out for a couple of months and we still talk. He recently told me he still thinks about me and his friend tells me he still likes me. However...

Love, understanding love, types of love [ 12 Answers ]

I thought this would be interesting to discuss. We all use love so much, we could say we love someone, then the next moment, we say we love our car, or wed love a big mac. I was watching this interesting video, in which this guy explained that the hebrews had 3 words for love. Raya- friendship...

Who sings I love to love you baby [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings I love to love you baby

How could this Happen So fast? Love me and then love another? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi This is my exgirlfriend responses in the last weeks I was with here for 4 years the guy she cheated with and she is still with since November 26 2007, He just inherited a large sum of money almost a half of million his mother died and she gets what ever she needs and wants. He is so good to...

View more questions Search