Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aliboosh Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 12:05 AM
    I have this Philosophy, let me know what you think.
    Think of existence, in the beginning as being one-lets call it the godhead.
    The godhead can't stand to be one so it splits into many (like cells) in one big explosion-lets call it the big bang. It finds in then, after billions of years it can't "remember" being one at and wonders why it exists at all and what existence is. This kneed to know becomes curiosity in humanbeings that have a painful need to understand things.
    Now that existence is so expanceive however this seems like and impossible task so humans find it nessacery to make there world of thoughts smaller by creating imovable ideas; bias. This is comforting to the humans because it tricks them into thinking that they have completed their task. Occasoinaly a human comes up with an idea that breaks the bias (eg: Gallilao, Martain Luther King) And exeryone gets scared because they might have to admit the universie is bigger then they assumed.
    If existence is one entity this means that it's traped in the cycles of life and rebirth until it figgers a way out. Meaning that we have to figger out the meaning of it all maybe?
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Sep 3, 2008, 02:19 AM
    Hello Aliboosh

Why don't we simply stop thinking up reasons for our animal and human nature, inclusive our curiosity? Why would we need a reason for that, other than that curiosity could have been an advantage in evolution ?

Nobody needs religion and/or a "CAUSE" to live a happy and fulfilling life.
    All religious beliefs are the result of years of (most probably well-intended) brainwashing of all children till and even beyond childhood.

The meaning of life is simple : produce another generation with some individuals having some small but just the "right" changes in their DNA allowing a better adaptation to changing environmental living conditions to breed, so that the species as a whole remains viable.

:>)

Sep 3, 2008, 09:13 PM
    But there must be a reason for that repodution to occur that is meaningful enough to produce life in the first place.
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Sep 3, 2008, 09:51 PM
    Fat chance of that happning, Credendovidis, eh? I mean with all the fools out there trying to race around in there cars, and "LIVING" their so called lives, the are only getting closer to the end of them. If what you said was the only possibility then we as a race would not act so destructively.

True, there may be no meaning to life at all, in fact we may not even be here, just imagined thoughts of a creature we can't even begin to imagine, simply because we are too narrow minded, and live to close to our bias. To say that religious beliefs are nothing more then (well-intended) brain washing, then to spit out nothing more then a Religious belief of your own. Tisk tisk Cred, I hae to admit I expected more from you mate. Evolution had to start some where, so who is not to say that God created that? It may have not happened like the bible or any other book says, but just because a piece of papper says it is so, doesn't make it so, even if people swear it up and down. LIke a marriage. People swear to betogether till death do them part, but that is not always the case, is it.

As for the evidence, so what if we have evidence of evolution, where did it all start? Do you know, I sure don't, and despite what you say you don't either. There is a reason they are called theories, because they are not compleate, there is so much we don't know about the past. Heck maybe we were a single cell, put in a vile on a strange far off planet, that was dying, and the alliens wanted to see their Genetics live one and evolve, but lets say they learned how to do this because a god showed them, or created them just for that??

There are no right or wrongs in life, for no one person can tell me the whole story from start to finnish and all the effects of it. When there is no rights or wrongs there is possibillity.

At any rate I think oyu are on a good driection Aliboosh.

They say the sun is the center of the galaxy, but if you think about it, does our planet really revolve around the sun?? If so, prove it, yeah pretty hard to do with out a degree in physics. ( And no I don't mean direct me to a site that can prove it, I mean you prove it to me, learn physics, and what ever else is relevant to show me that the earth does infeact orbit the sun.) See, I may know that is what most peple believe but I don't know for myself that it is true.

Could it be that both are true? Is it a matter of relativaty, does it matter where you are in the univers? Yes these questions are never ending are they, or as Aliboosh implies, are they?

But it is true, Cred could very well be right, though he could very well be wrong. No body that I know, knows, and there for I've never been shown.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Sep 4, 2008, 04:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestorian
    They say the sun is the center of the galaxy, but if you think about it, does our planet really revolve around the sun?
    Who says that ? "They" do not know what they are saying !
    The sun is a rather smaller than average sun in one of the outer arms of the Milky Way galaxy.
    Yes, all planets and even the sun orbit the center of gravity within our solar system. (The sun wobbles around that center, mainly caused by the gravity of Jupiter)

Quote Originally Posted by Nestorian
    But it is true, Cred could very well be right, though he could very well be wrong. No body that i know, knows, and there for i've never been shown.
    You know the wrong people, it seems...

:>)

Sep 15, 2008, 11:59 PM
    I think Nestorain made some good points though

Sep 16, 2008, 07:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliboosh
    I think Nestorain made some good points though
    Hey, thanks man. I sense you're on your way to a healthy way for thinking. Try taking courses, they help articulate, did I spell that right? Any way, courses in socialogy, psychology, philosophy, and other social sciences my help you formulate your ideas, and also may help branch out your thinking.

Any who good luck brother.
    70541 Posts: 87, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2008, 11:07 PM

As have I a theory... I believe in alernate realitys such as in the dream state... I tend to break some boundrys with such as you can see in my dream question.. I also have a sense of touch ,smell,pleasure,. and sometimes pain and others
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2008, 12:08 AM

You are correct. We are all "right" but reality is ironic to our human selves. When we are presented with evidence that the Universe is bigger than we assumed, not all parts of us gets scared. It's also immeasurably smaller.

Ironically, we are all right! Isn't philosophy grand? Can we have scientific proof recognized in the same brain as philosophic thought?

I don't think that we have forgotten that we were once, and still are, all one thing. We still know it, just not with our brains. Imovable thoughts, you say. That's a current encumbrance we share.

Oct 3, 2008, 06:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by simoneaugie View Post
    You are correct. We are all "right" but reality is ironic to our human selves. When we are presented with evidence that the Universe is bigger than we assumed, not all parts of us gets scared. It's also immeasurably smaller.

Ironically, we are all right! Isn't philisophy grand? Can we have scientific proof recognized in the same brain as philosophic thought?

I don't think that we have forgotten that we were once, and still are, all one thing. We still know it, just not with our brains. Imovable thoughts, you say. That's a current encumbrance we share.
    OOps, butter fingers, I hit enter rather than the apostrophy. (did I spell that correct? Ah well no matter.)

Ok to what I was intending on saying, Some say evolution, others say God created man. Why not both? The bible is just a book, and no more that an idole. A bunch of stories from possible people from the time of Jessus, but none of us can prove that, not with solid objective evidence, word of mouth. Maybe the bible has some trueth to it, and like the ancient greek mythology, it is more of a book of myths, that lend verification or hope to the ideas in it. Such as morals, and sosially acceptable behaviour. There are no absolutes, and even though I sound absolute, the fact that I said there are none implys I'm wrong, but I'm not, and I am, all at once.

I believe that God, is a possibility, but so are so many other things. We do have evidence of evolution, but how did evolution begin? Ah the question, which came first, The chicken or the egg? Can't have one with out the other, however it all has to start with something. Maybe it was fish, laid an egg, then presto a chicken. Ok, a long process of evolution would have to undergone but you know what I mean. Maybe, a being created us, but at he same time maybe we created that being.

SO maybe "God" is not a typical sterotype of a God, maybe it was just our mother earth that created us, and something else created the earth consiously knowing the results, or maybe it was just a random event that happened to happen. Powerful and dangerous stuff. People tend to fear the unknown, and then their imaginations get away with them, and we get strange tales, of mythical creatures and reasons to socially conform. Eh, think about it.

any who, I'll leave you all with that. Peace.

Oct 3, 2008, 06:58 PM

Oh yeah, and, like Led Zeppelin's Stairway to heaven.

THe line near the very end,

" ...all is one and one is all, to be a rock and not to roll..."

Oct 3, 2008, 07:29 PM

Nestorian... listen to that song backwards on YouTube... -_-... also the jhonas brothers "were the kids of the future song backwords... and prepare to dislike them both...
    jakester Posts: 582, Reputation: 165

Nov 6, 2008, 07:34 PM

70541 - what was that you said about the Jonas Brothers being the kids of the future? I didn't understand what you meant.

Nov 12, 2008, 01:38 AM

It is a song... if you play it backwards... it has a very satanic message in it
    greatodie Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Feb 17, 2009, 10:15 PM

Hey ever read the advaita philosophy in Hinduism ? Go through it it has similar reasoning!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Philosophy Philosophy [ 2 Answers ]

When I declare that "I ought to do x" what in effect, do I mean according to Aristotle? Hume? Mill?

Philosophy [ 10 Answers ]

Is philosophy a concept or a study?

My philosophy [ 9 Answers ]

IF MY BODY WERE A CAR If my body were a car, this is the time I would be thinking about trading it in for a newer model. I've got bumps and dents and scratches in my finish and my paint job is Getting a little dull, but that's not the worst of it. My headlights are out of focus and it's...

Philosophy and psychology [ 5 Answers ]

How important are philosophy courses to the training of a psychologist?

View more questions Search