Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2008, 10:01 PM
    Going to Jesus for healing
    Back during Jesus' ministry Jesus went to the people for healing and to hear him.
    Now days people must go to Him for that.
    Many Go to His Church for healing and to hear His words.
    (From the NJB) Like 4: 38. Leaving the synagogue he went to Simon's house. Now Simon's mother-in-law was in the grip of a high fever and they asked him to do something for her.
    39. Standing over her he rebuked the fever and it left her. And she immediately got up and began to serve them.
    40. At sunset all those who had friends suffering from diseases of one kind or another brought them to him, and laying his hands on each he cured them.
    41. Devils too came out of many people, shouting, "You are the Son of God." But he warned them and would not allow them to speak because they knew that he was the Christ.
    42. When daylight came he left the house and made his way to a lonely place. The crowds went to look for him, and when they had caught up with him they wanted to prevent him leaving them,
    43. But he answered, "I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns too, because that is what I was sent to do."
    44. And he continued his proclamation in the synagogues of Judaea.
    Question: Where do you go for divine healing and to hear Jesus' words?
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Sep 3, 2008, 08:49 AM
    Sorry, I didn't get the question.
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 09:43 AM
    Galveston1,
    I thought that the question was clearly stated.
    Here it is again...
    "Where do you go for divine healing and to hear Jesus' words?"
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    tsila1777 Posts: 138, Reputation: 18

Sep 3, 2008, 10:10 AM
    Fred,
    You go to Jesus, 'the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us and we beheld His glory,' His goodness. Jesus was received up into the clouds, and in like manner He will return, but He sent the Holy Spirit to be with us and in us. Jesus said it is better for us that He go, so that He could send the Holy Spirit.

When Jesus walked the earth, there was just one of Him and He couldn't be everywhere, but now the Holy Spirit has come and He can be everywhere. The Power of God is now available through the Holy Spirit. He is here to 'not to 'speak' of Himself, but of the ONE Who sent Him.'

The church is just a building, the Church is the body of Christ. He said He gave gifts unto men, of them is a pastor/preacher/teacher. He also said to His body, the Church 'the works that I do shall you do also and greater works than these shall you do, because I go to My Father' Jesus went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed of the devil.

Sickness is an oppression.. so we could go to any true member of the Body because one of the signs is "they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover', it didn't say anything about praying or anything else, simply to lay hands on them.

Or we can just go to Jesus in prayer, and thanksgiving and receive what He has already paid for by the stripes on His back which were for our healing, and be healed.

There are many ways, some are instant, some are 'recovering', he said they shall recover... but most folks think if it isn't instant, then they didn't receive it. When someone gets a cold, the cold will run it's course naturally but we have to go through the 'recovery' process. Some people have to 'recover' from cancer, but they have to hold onto their faith that they are healed by His stripes. And use wisdom.

Good question,
    Blessings,
    T
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 10:57 AM
    tsila1777
    Thanks.
    But The Church HAS many buildings (mansions or castles); in which the members of The Church worship God.
    In the earliest days of The Church they met in homes.
    The buildings for The Church members were build out of a love for God.
    They are testimonies of that love and they honor God all over the world in communities in which they were built.
    I go into a church building to worship God with other memeners of The Church.
    I also hear the word of God there and pray for many things including healing of mind, body, and spirit.
    I also do that in private at home and other places.
    Where do you go?
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)

Sep 3, 2008, 12:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura
    tsila1777
    Thanks.
    But The Church HAS many buildings (mansions or castles); in which the members of The Church worship God.
    In the earliest days of The Church they met in homes.
    The buildings for The Church members were build out of a love for God.
    They are testimonies of that love and they honor God all over the world in communities in which they were built.
    I go into a church building to worship God with other memeners of The Church.
    I also hear the word of God there and pray for many things including healing of mind, body, and spirit.
    I also do that in private at home and other places.
    Where do you go?
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)
    Isn't that what I just said? I go to a building to praise and worship God, to be taught the Word of God, I think we are saying the same thing, but just having a miscommunication.

Who do you pray to for healing, and who provided it? The title of your topic is: Going to Jesus for healing...............

And if you knew the answer why did you ask the question?
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 01:07 PM
    Hi Fred,

You can go to a local Assemblies of God Church and ask the pastor when they will be having a healing service. When I was a born again Christian, the Assemblies church I attended had a healing service led by a clergyman.

Best wishes, :)
    revdrgade Posts: 162, Reputation: 37

Sep 3, 2008, 02:40 PM
    Generally speaking, we go to the same place: where Jesus is.

Our problem today is knowing how to get there. The followers of God during the time when Jesus was on earth "in the flesh" could see Him. The were told where He was. And they wanted Him to remain in eyesight. In that sense, they didn't have to walk by faith but could at least get to Him by sight.

When He went back to the Father He was no longer in sight. But, as He said, He didn't leave us "orphans". He sent the Holy Spirit to be with us... with the authority that He had while walking on earth.

John 14:11-21
    11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. 12 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

15 "If you love me, you will obey what I command. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans ; I will come to you. 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."
    NIV

That's kind of cryptic even to those who know the Lord. But since God is one, we know that He is with us if only to be seen by the eyes of faith.

The church (made up of all those, and only those, who trust in the vicarious atonement for their sins through Jesus the Christ) has NOT done well in teaching God's people about healing .

Heb 5:11-6:3

11 We have much to say about this, but it is hard to explain because you are slow to learn. 12 In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God's word all over again. You need milk, not solid food! 13 Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. 14 But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.
    Hebrews 6
    6:1 Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God, 2 instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. 3 And God permitting, we will do so.
    NIV

That lack on the part of the teachers includes me. I've seen healing from above and even experienced some of it. But I have little confidence in myself to be a part of its administration even though I've called for and participated in healing services.

We still seem to lean too much on wanting discernment of when to announce/pronounce healing on people. Probably due to pride; we don't want to be seen the fool when people are not instantly healed as we lay hands on them, anoint them with oil, and say, "Be healed in Jesus name(authority).

I know that is not really an "answer" to your question. But what more can we do but discuss and encourage one another to practice using the authority which our Lord gave us when He ascended?

Matt 28:16 - Mark 1:1

16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

NIV
    cogs Posts: 415, Reputation: 27

Sep 3, 2008, 07:00 PM
    Jesus healed people from afar, also. He didn't need to see them or touch them. Good point, revdrgade, about discerning the method of healing people: you cannot work a formula, or do good works that will force god to heal people.
    For divine healing and hearing the word of god, like tsila, I go to jesus.
    A good point about pride, cause when jesus fed the 5000, he thanked god
    First. We should definitely come in a thankful spirit to god, when we want
    Something from him. I mean, our spiritual growth is far more important
    To him than our flesh. So it's a good rule of thumb to get into the will
    Of god for your life, in order to ask for healing. When you're in line
    With god's spirit, I can't tell you this for sure, but I'll bet his spirit
    Flows through your mouth, hands, thoughts, etc...
    Jam 5:16 Confess [your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Sep 3, 2008, 08:31 PM
    That's right Cogs, He could "speak the word only" and the servant was healed. He could also raise the dead by speaking the word. So can we, by the authority in His name, (if only we had faith in our faith) to use it.

Confess your sins: I have no question about God's love or power, neither do I question anything in the Word of God as being true... I do sometimes wonder if my faith is enough... but then I remember if I have faith the size of a mustard seed, I could say unto... and it shall obey me.

I think faith is like a muscle, if we don't use it enough, it does get weak.

Anyway.. I got way off topic sorry.
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 09:15 PM
    tsila1777,
    To answer your question...
    I asked the question because I wanted to see the answer given by you and others.
    I am interested in what other people think and do.
    It is one of several ways I use to learn.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)
    laralara Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 09:18 PM
    I am sorry but I do not like to worship or go for divine healing to someone or something that doesn't exist
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 09:25 PM
    laralara,
    Then please go to someone who has existed forever, God.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    laralara Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2008, 08:19 AM
    Wow I have such a hard time believing that you gave me a serious reply lol
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 09:49 AM
    laralara,
    I'm happy to be of service.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    cottoncandy Posts: 29, Reputation: 0

Sep 4, 2008, 02:17 PM
    Remember Jesus words, wherever two or more of you are gathered in my name, there e I am in your midst
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 06:32 PM
    cottoncandy,
    Yes Jesus said that.
    I wonder if it applies to all those Christians gathered here.
    What do you think about that?
    Peace and Kindness,
    Fred (arcura)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loving again and healing? [ 11 Answers ]

Is it true that you can't love another again until you're completely healed from a previous relationship? I'm wondering because I hear people say on this forum that's normal to sometimes take up to a year to get over a long term relationship. And some even longer. I can't imagine not getting out...

Promoting healing [ 5 Answers ]

My 14 yr. old son plays sports and is constantly bruised or has muscle aches and sprains is there vitamins or any alternative to promote healing? I am concerned about giving him anti imflamatory meds

Ear Healing! [ 13 Answers ]

I just got a liquid glass ear-ing in my ear! How should I go about cleaning it and should I leave it in to heal or take it out here and there. And should I go to bed with it in?

Healing vitamins [ 2 Answers ]

What vitamins promote healing? :o

My cat has a cut on her paw and its not healing [ 1 Answers ]

My kitty is an older cat she is 12 years old. Who has a cut on the top of her paw, right between her two middle toes. We have been to the vet 5 times and it’s not healing. The vet found a cist under the scab and drained it. He then gave her a prescription for anti-bionics for the duration of two...

View more questions Search