Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GI John Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2008, 05:27 PM
    Two lights off the same switch
    Hi there, I know coming off a receptacle to the switch I pigtail the white and attach the black (hot) to the switch. Then run the white and black to the light. My question is how do I add a second light?
    Thank You
    thommyschnak Posts: 80, Reputation: 7

Sep 2, 2008, 06:36 PM
    You can add a second light a couple of different ways;

Option # 1 - Run the wire for your second light, to your first light and connect the white wires together, and the black wires together, and Presto you now have two lights.

Option # 2 - Run the wire for your second light to your switch box and splice the white with the white wires, and make a pigtail with the two black wires that go to your two lights, and connect it to one side of your switch.

Let me know how you make out.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2008, 11:49 PM
    Hi, GI John!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this topic area so that it would get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

I do see that you have already received one, helpful answer to your question.

We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little about yourself though, if you would be willing to do that.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two lights on one switch? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone Just require some feedback on a lighting project. I have a flurescent light fitting in our kitchen and I am looking to replace it with two spotlight fittings that work on one switch. As far as I can see there are two methods for doing this. 1. Run the power in and power out...

Two lights on one switch [ 7 Answers ]

Help! I know basic wiring but I'm not an electrician. I have two lights. One at the bottom of the stairs and one at the top. The power feed comes from the bottom light up into box located at top of stairs. I installed the top light. Ran wires into box. Connected white wires together and ran both...

3 lights on a switch how to do it [ 1 Answers ]

I am wiring 3 lights to one switch with the poser source coming from an electrical outlet nearby. How do I do it?

Converting pull switch lights to wall switch [ 3 Answers ]

I've been struggling finding the answer to this in books and online, it seems as if it should be an easy question and something that gets done all the time. Looking for some help. My basement has several rooms and all lights are wired "hot" with pull switches from each light receptacle. When the...

3 lights ran between 2 3-ways, can one of these lights be controlled by a 3rd switch? [ 2 Answers ]

There are 3 lights connected, 2 in one room and the third at the bottom of the stairs. There is a 3-way at the top of the stairs and another in the room with the 2 lights. This guy would like to also be able to switch off just the 3rd light at the bottom of the stairs. I did not dig into this too...

View more questions Search