Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dynaglide Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2008, 02:25 PM
    I need wiring instructions for a ceiling fan
    I have a hampton bay ceiling fan,has four lights,reversible direction,two pull chains and no remote. It also has no installation instructions. It has a white wire. A green wire, a blue and a black wire. Do I join up the blue and the black?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 2, 2008, 03:02 PM
    Do you have a wall switch you wish to use and how do you want to use it. Describe the wires in the ceiling box. Describe like this.

There is one cable with a black and white wire or;
    There is two cables, each has a black and white wire or;
    There is two cables one has black and white wire, one has black, white and red wire or;

Note: A wire is a single wire, a cable is two or more wires in an outer covering.
    dynaglide Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2008, 03:27 PM
    Hi!
    Thanks for the fast reply. No wall switch. The "cable" is 14-2 G, and contains 3 wires. A white, a gray and a bare. The fan was a gift from a friend, the 14-2 is a spool I have hanging around and I plan on running it to a wall outlet for power.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 2, 2008, 05:01 PM
    Connect the black and blue wires of fan/light to gray of ceiling box. Connect the white of fan/light to white of ceiling box. Use pull chains to control fan and light.

To install switch

Run 14-2 cable from ceiling box to switch location. Connect the white of switch cable and black of ceiling fan to gray of ceiling box. Connect white of fan/light to white of ceiling box. Connect blue of fa/light to black of switch cable. At switch location connect the black and white to switch. Switch should control light, pull chain control fan.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2008, 10:10 PM
    http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...fan-wiring/php

Black and blue together to black from 14-2.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring Instructions for A Harbor breeze Ceiling Fan With Light [ 2 Answers ]

I have seen something on the board about Wiring this fan type with two wires coming out of the ceiling. In this post answer the remidy was given to wire blue and black to the red and all whites to whites. My problem is I have a RED BLACK and WHITE coming from the ceiling. The fan has a White, Black...

Aloha Ceiling Fan has No instructions [ 4 Answers ]

I got a 52 inch Aloha Breeze Ceiling fan it was the last one like it in Walmart and the box was opened and resealed. When I opened it :confused: there was no paperwork enclosed I tried to look up the site to see if I could print it, but I could not find it. I would appreciate any suggestions Thanks.

Wiring instructions for ceiling fan remote [ 2 Answers ]

I'm losing my mind, I bought a harbor breeze triton fan, with remote control. I've set the code switches, but the wiring instructions they have SUCK, can anyone HELP??

Ceiling lamp instructions [ 3 Answers ]

How do I install a hampton bay ceiling lamp

Hampton Ceiling Fan without instructions [ 1 Answers ]

My Hampton Ceiling Fan, Model Antigua Plus w/remote control arrived without instructions. Do I send the thing back or can I download installation info from some site? Thank you.

View more questions Search