Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dc0415 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2006, 11:42 AM
    Mass deaths
    :confused: Mass deaths during World War II in concentration camps, in Guyana involving a religious cult and the more recent mass deaths in Waco, Texas, introduce entirely new problems into homicide investigation. Who should be charged and with what degree of murder? What special problems are associated with such investigations?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 3, 2006, 11:48 AM
    No disrespect intended but... is this your schoolwork?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 3, 2006, 12:30 PM
    First a crime scene is a crime scene, everyone follows the same rules

Problems,

More people in and out of the scene and a larger scene, so control over evidence is harder.

Many local agencies do not have properly trained crime scene investigators and often the federal agencies have small teams that have to use what local help is available.

Storage of the bodies, most areas only have space for a few bodies,

Then of course who has control of the scene itself, ( a issue in the Kennedy assisination)

But there are strict rules, and it does not matter if there is one dead or 100 dead.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 3, 2006, 12:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    No disrespect intended but ... is this your schoolwork?
    The questions dc has asked have usually been worded so they look like report assignments. That's why I stopped answering them.

May 3, 2006, 12:55 PM
    No disrespect for both of you, but I'm involve in a special program with the army and the Department of Defense, as a volunteer involving juveniles from 10 to 18 years old, with delinquence probrems, and some time I ask them what they thinks about crimes. I have a lot of knowledge on criminal justice.

Just for you knowledge, I finish my BA in criminal justice and I just started my Master in Computer Forensic, plus I also have over 10 years of experience as a Police Officer from different agencies and departments.

So like I mention above no disresspect for both of you, but Im trying to help our child keeping them out of trouble. So if you don't want to answer my ? Fine I agree with everybody decision.

Thanks anyway for your time, also special thanks to Fr_Chuck for you support.

May 3, 2006, 01:20 PM
    I don't understand how your questions serve to keep amyone out of trouble.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

May 3, 2006, 02:45 PM
    Well dc, as was mentioned, there are a lot of posts here that look like homework assignments... and when you offer only the question without any thought or discussion, well, it looks like just another person trolling for answers.

You have some thoughts on these matters? Post them. I guarantee it'll start a discussion.

But questions alone without any effort of thoughtful discourse might get the response you received.

May 3, 2006, 02:49 PM
    Is not anyone, these kids came from different society problems, gangs, drugs, sexual abuse, and most of the ? That I make came from them. So that I request more information so I can give them the best explination
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 3, 2006, 03:45 PM
    Another problem in general is that most people are not prepared for mass deaths. I trained with the Justice Department and with the State Law Enforcement Training in GA. I have well ( well ) over 1000 hours of training in investigation. Even with visits to the cornorner and other things, if you are first or even on the scene of deaths, it is hard. It is hard for destruction also. I was in Atlanta at the Federal Prison shortly after the riots there taking statements, and I have been on the scene of several single and double deaths. And even after seeing several, it never gets easy ( and thank god it does not) if it ever gets easy seeing body parts laying around, a person has stopped feelilng.

May 3, 2006, 04:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dc0415
    is not anyone, these kids came from different society problems, gangs, drugs, sexual abuse, and most of the ? that I make came from them. so that I request more information so I can give them the best explination
    I'm sorry, but your explanation just doesn't ring true. The questions you have posted seem too sophisticated. They are worded exactly how an instructor would word an assignment. If you want to open a discussion, then do so. If this is a question asked by these kids, then try starting with a synopsis of the discussion that led to it. Ask the question the way they did.
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

May 3, 2006, 09:30 PM
    So it is your school work. LOL

I agree with Fr Chuck

Control the crime scene, control the evidence, and control the bodies.
    Depending upon how they were killed guns, knives, fire whatever.
    You maybe able to link the deaths to different people if the used the guns or knives.
    But with fire or poisoning different story that maybe a little harder to prove, with these you can bet that the ones left alive are probable responsible.
    As for world war 2 when they caught the generals and tried for war crimes.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

May 3, 2006, 10:12 PM
    I agree. Very little open discussion. Trolling for answers.

May 4, 2006, 06:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeeding_2005
    So it is your school work. LOL
    I responded to this here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/homewo...tml#post116860

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mass [ 1 Answers ]

A thin circular sheet of aluminum has a radius of 20 cm and a thickness of 0.50 mm. Find the mass of the sheet.

Height & mass [ 3 Answers ]

A student is 1.7m tall and has a mass of 60Kg. If the dimension of this student shrank by a factor of three(to1/3 previous values) estimate the mass of the shrunk student. I think the answer is not 20 and I don't think it is that easy. Please help me answer this question. Thank you a lot!!

What's up with all the TV deaths? [ 11 Answers ]

This is more of a comment than a question. I don't know about everyone else, but this year I'm really sick of all the deaths of major characters in the season finales. I mean, practically every finale I watched had death or the possibility of death... CSI (both Vegas and Miami), Lost, Law and...

Mass [ 4 Answers ]

What mass of lead(II) nitrate is present in 20.0mL of a solution? See below. Two different lead(II) nitrate solutions are used, each sample is reacted with an excess quantity of a potassium iodide solution, which produces lead(II) iodide.

View more questions Search