ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 2, 2008, 11:04 AM
    What area?

Sep 4, 2008, 09:46 AM
    Sensi,

I really don't understand your response here. The only response to the OP is mine asking what area he's asking about, since salaries can vary greatly from area to area.

There are many reasons, including some you listed, why people would work as a live-in housekeeper. Its not all as demeaning as you indicate.

Sep 4, 2008, 10:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sensi2005
    I can only think of three things as to why you actually have a housekeeper who would accept such an insult and pathetic salary.
    1. She's got to be an idiot:
    2: Not educated:
    3: Has a family abroad who desperately needs the money, any amount is better than nothing after all.
    As for you, how you have the audacity to even bother asking that question is beyond me. A good housekeeper is worth her or his weight in gold, period.

Live in situation should be illegal, how many of us want to live where we work and with our bosses?
    How funny it is to listen to an employer as he or she explains that they are happy to provide room and board for their domestic employee. The best part is when the actually utter the words that they are part of the family. Ha!

Live in situation is high-way robbery that benefits only the employer not the employee.
    These live in domestic employees are scared, unaware and not all together up there, for if they knew how valuable they were, you would be working for her instead.

People answered to this question and actually had the nerve to say the salary is fair?
    Give me a break, grow up already. Go try to live on $5.00 an hour, see if that gets you anywhere?
    A good housekeeper and I'm talking a good one, not some lazy dirty good for nothing whose only purpose in life is to give the others a bad rap; starting rate is $35.00 an hour. Mind you that's the minimum wages and starting rate.
    Now top that!
    I'm confused. In the response I'm quoting here you refer to an "insult and pathetic salary". But no salary has been mentioned!!

You criticize him for asking the question, but the only question I see is asking what to pay! You refer to People saying the salary is fair, but there are NO posts to that affect in this thread.

You say that live in should be illegal. Doesn't that indicate you don't like the position.

So I'm very confused about your response here.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 10:45 AM
    There is no mention of $5.00/hour by the OP in this thread. The OP should just get married and get his housekeeping done for free. (That's a joke by the way, I think.)
    ANB428 Posts: 450, Reputation: 42

Sep 4, 2008, 10:47 AM
    [QUOTE=sensi2005]

$5.00 an hour for a good housekeeper is a pathetic joke... what, don't you understand?

QUOTE]

Where does it say anything in the OP about paying $5.00 an hour?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 4, 2008, 02:33 PM
    Allof Sensi posts have been deleted, those people that copy the questions often end up keeping them showing.
    All of their posts were attacking. And they have been warned not to post such posts.

Let me see back in the 80's I had a live in nanny, she got about 250 a week then plus room and board.
    sensi2005 Posts: 4, Reputation: -5

Sep 4, 2008, 04:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Sensi,

I really don't understand your response here. The only response to the OP is mine asking what area he's asking about, since salaries can vary greatly from area to area.

There are many reasons, including some you listed, why people would work as a live-in housekeeper. Its not all as demeaning as you indicate.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    ScottGem,
    I guess I owe you an apology... I could not understand what it was about the issue or question that you could not figure out, that is until when I decided to go back to read the original question.
    The question for which I answered to, was posted yesterday, not today and that particular question was deleted.
    No wonder I sounded like a fool, I wished I had copied it in order for this issue to make some sort of sense.

Explaining my answer will undoubtedly make no sense, it's not posted any longer. Duh how could I be such an idiot too:
    Live and learn I guess. Thank you
    sensi2005 Posts: 4, Reputation: -5

Sep 4, 2008, 04:34 PM
    __________________________________________________ _____________________
    The question to my answer was removed or deleted... Hm mm I wonder why?
    Expert

Sep 4, 2008, 04:37 PM
    Assuming you listed a valid email address when you registered, you were sent a email informing you that all of your posts were deleted, they were attacking, or extremely dangerous legal advice or uncalled for posts.
    You were also warned not to post such posts in the future.
    Expert

Sep 4, 2008, 04:43 PM
    I am one of the super moderators for this site, and you are about one more attacking post from being banned from this site, you have be warned three times now, email, previous post and now this post.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 04:48 PM
    Nope sorry, not under 20 but continue having fun guessing...

Back to the question, it would depend upon hours, days work, state you live in for us to give a rough estimate

Sep 4, 2008, 05:22 PM
    Lets get this back on track with some facts.

The OP posted this question in the Forum Help area. I moved it to this forum. The original post was not edited, nor has he posted another note. There are no deleted posts in this thread from the OP or anyone else that mentions a $5/hr rate. That's why I was confused by your post. At the time you posted it there were only TWO posts in the thread, the OP and mine (#2).

Maybe you mistakenly mixed up a different thread or a different site. But I can assure you it wasn't this thread. I'm also a mod here and can see deleted posts.

I accept your apology, but you have been attacking people in violation of the rules here. You need to stop that or further action will be taken.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salary for Live-in aide [ 14 Answers ]

My mother is 90, lives in New York and currently her live-in aide receives about $550 per week. Is that a good amount (including room, board)? Should she receive a raise each year and how much? She is given extra money for Christmas and birthday. I would appreciate your answers and thanking you...

Salary for live-in housekeeper [ 8 Answers ]

We have a live-in housekeeper who helps with cooking, cleaning, and childcare. She used to work for my brother-in-law and his family, and we are paying her the same wage as she received from them. I am wondering though if the wage is adequate. I kind of feel like she should get a raise. She's...

Live -in salary [ 1 Answers ]

My mother lives in one of my rental properties and is in need of a live-in. This person would have their own room, be a certified home health aide, and be responsible for mom's total care. If mom paid the live-in's portion of rent which would be $800 to include gas, electric, water, cable, lawn...

View more questions Search