Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lizsc1 Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2008, 11:00 AM
    Going into the army! Maybe?
    OK, so I have a new question!

To any prior military, or current military, or anyone who can actually answer this one!

Is it HIGHLY unlikely for the army to accept a person who has a DUI, implied consent, and a simple assault charge??
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2008, 11:07 AM
    Hello liz:

I'm not a gambler. If you want to know whether it's 100% likely, talk to an Army recruiter. Call 'em up on the phone. They'll tell you.

excon

Sep 2, 2008, 11:15 AM
    Hi excon,

I HAVE been talking to a recruiter, he says everything was good to go. I took the ASVAB, and scored well, did physical, picked out job, etc. And now I have to go to TN to turn myself in for a probation violation, and I was told they could keep me 10 days. I called my recruiter to ask him if I was in jail for 10days would that disqualify me? He said it would not but all the other violations may. He said my 2 charges grew. I originally told him I had a DUI and assault charge, which I do, but I didn't think implied consent was a whole new charge in itself, and now the violation of probation is a whole new charge. It's a never ending cycle!
    And, another question, what do you think my chances would be if I wrote a letter to the judge, along with all my army processing paperwork, asking for him to dismis the violation of probation? I have everything paid, all court costs, probation fees, have passed all drug tests, the only reason I violated my probation was because I hadn't finished my DUI school in the given amount of time. I thougth I had a year, since it was a year probation, but I only had 9 months to complete.

Thank you
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2008, 11:21 AM
    Hello again, liz:

Ahhh, you didn't say you were STILL under the courts supervision. No, I don't think the Army will take you until you're off probation. Nor do I think the judge will let you.

You can't be on probation in the Army.

excon

Sep 2, 2008, 11:27 AM
    Excon,

I know I can't be on probation, Im almost off. I actually will be off as soon as I go turn myself in... well, I hope. I never thought about anythong MORE happening to me. I have everything done... that should be good enough right?!

My recruiter is just trying to get everything ready, so when I am off, I can enlist.
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2008, 11:41 AM
    Hello again, liz:

You'll get a chance to speak with the judge. Tell him you're going to Iraq to fight for the American way. Wear a FLAG lapel pin, and a support Bush button. Maybe he'll let you go.

excon

Sep 17, 2008, 06:38 PM
    Do you think when I go to turn myself in... they will give me MORE punishment?? Jail time, etc??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I See A Army Man [ 4 Answers ]

Okay a couple weeks ago a had a very weird dream. That I was in my home and I walked out on my front porch and saw a guy who looked like he was in an army uniform. I didn't recognize him at all and he didn't seem familiar to anyone I knew. When the guy turned and looked at me I heard a loud gun...

Army Prep. [ 3 Answers ]

I am planning on enlisting in the army with in the next year and this is my question for you guys, I've been researching diet plans and exercise routines but so far I haven't found anything good. If any of you can suggest a diet plan to promote weight loss and an exersice plan that can help me...

Army of Two? [ 23 Answers ]

All right, this is embarrassing. But I can't ask any of my co-workers, because I don't want to be made fun of. Not everyone is very Understanding in the US. Army. I'm not embarrassed of the woman I love, it's just that she lives back home, and I'm about to be Deployed to Iraq... Now, I grew up...

Spirit army [ 4 Answers ]

This may seem very shocking it certainly was to me. The other night in bed under the influence, I happened to see a dark figure come out of the bathroom door. I prayed to God , my spiritual advisor and to to send all good spritits tohelp me. The images left my room. The next day looking out the...

View more questions Search