Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    A-bailey2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2008, 09:42 AM
    Anotomical makeup of two separate products.
    I have a short assingment on the difference between the atomical makeups of aluminum foil and sandwich wrap and why is it that even though they are both physically real, one ( the foil) is not transparent, and the other (the wrap) is transparent. I need help on how I go about finding this out?
    A-bailey2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2008, 09:44 AM
    I think that it has something to do with the valence electrons and how they fit together on the last ring and how there is a difference in the gaps between the electrons which makes the wrap transparent, but that's just an borderline educated guesstimate.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2008, 10:50 AM
    While this won't help you answer the wider question (why are all opaque materials opaque), it might help you to answer this specific question.

What's special about the electronic configuration in aluminium? It's the same phenomenon that makes aluminium shiny and conductive. Any ideas?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Makeup Kit [ 3 Answers ]

So, you know those eyeshadow sets that you can get at Walmart and Fred Meyer and such? I love those for the fact that they have a wide variety of eyeshadow colors. But hate that fact that the makeup islow quality. Do any good makeup brands make these?:p

Non-Comodogenic Makeup [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I'd like to find a foundation that isn't powdery, because I have dry sensitive skin and it makes it look flaky, and one that is creamy and gives my face a nice glow, but isn't oil based which irritates my skin. Can I find a creamy, water based formula makeup at a place like walmart? Any...

Break Up and Makeup [ 2 Answers ]

New problem now... I have been with my boyfriend for 8 months, in April he broke up with me for 2 weeks, because he said he was not ready for a relationship, he said he made a big mistake and we got back together. Now he has done it again because he said he was tired of having a constant annoyance...

Makeup Brands [ 3 Answers ]

What's the best bramd of makeup that you would suggest that is the most flawless on acne prone skin.

Where do you buy your makeup? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am new to this site and I am trying to get stores to sell my fiance's aunt's new makeup line called about face by Pamela John. It is a mineral-based makeup line. The question I have for you all is where do you normally buy your makeup products? (department store, salon, independent...

View more questions Search