Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teresa2816 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2006, 06:45 AM
    Miniature Dashund
    My dashund had puppies on February 2 for the past week she has been acting really strange she is walking weird and when she chews she's only chewing with half her mouth when I give her an asprin she acts just fine but when it wears off she it comes back but while on the asprin she runs jumps but when asprin wears off she just lays there not wanting anything to do with anyone she is still eating and drinking and no fever?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2006, 08:22 AM
    Hi, teresa,
    I am not a Vet, but do have much experience with dogs.
    Chewing on one side of the mouth usually means a bad tooth! Or could be some other reason.
    Please take her to the Vet as soon as you can. Walking differently can be signs of other things... which I don't want to guess.
    Best of luck to you both.
    jennapbt Posts: 131, Reputation: 19

May 4, 2006, 11:27 PM
    Be VERY VERY careful in what kind of pain reliever you give your dog. Give it buffered aspirin ONLY. Anything else will kill a dog in a heartbeat. Just like the other response it could possibly be an infection in the mouth. That doesn't explain the walking funny. Is she still producing milk for the puppies? ( I would hope at this point no). She could be real worn out from the nursing and her calcium levels could slowly becoming depleted. You should definitely take her into the vet for a post natal check up, which should include a CBC and electrolytes at the least.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search