Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hurtnconfused Posts: 41, Reputation: 3

Sep 1, 2008, 11:17 PM
    No possible way I could be pregnant, right?
    I had my period on the 13th of this month, and I carelessly had unprotected sex with my boyfriend a few times last week, last time just being a few days ago. Just yesterday, I started my period again, or what appears to be my period. It's quite soon, so I'm a bit alarmed and I've ruled out implantation bleeding just because I know it's supposed to be light but I seem to be having a regular period. So the fact that I'm having a "period" right now definitely means I shouldn't worry about being pregnant, right? Because there's no way you can be pregnant if you have your period? Maybe it's just hormones? I am always very regular and this is the first time I've had an irregular period.
    nikkiluvmatt Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2008, 11:53 PM
    Hun

You could very likely be pregnant because that happened to me and if its your first then wait for your next cycle if it doesn't come go get a pregnancy test. I will be praying for you. Do you want a baby? If it comes out positive don't worry and don't freak out it will just stress you out more.
    hurtnconfused Posts: 41, Reputation: 3

Sep 2, 2008, 12:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkiluvmatt
    Hun

You could very likely be pregnant because that happened to me and if its your first then wait for your next cycle if it doesn't come go get a pregnancy test. I will be praying for you. Do you want a baby? If it comes out positive don't worry and don't freak out it will just stress you out more.
    Oh no. :( I don't want a baby yet and it was so freaking stupid of me to do it. Like they always say "it's never happened, we've been lucky..." but I just thought maybe I'm not because I'm having my period again. I'd like to take a pregnancy test to rule it out but I'm not sure it would show just yet. Thank you so much for your response and your prayers. I really appreciate it sweetie. I'll just cross my fingers and learn from this.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2008, 12:09 AM
    You have your period. This is a good thing. To make sure I would purchase a home pregnant. Test to make sure. I would relax. Most likely you are not pregnant
    BigS Posts: 80, Reputation: 6

Sep 2, 2008, 12:58 AM
    Take the test. If you don't want to be pregnant don't have sex. Protection is not 100% guaranteed... remember that. A period can come unexpectedly for a variety of reasons; stress-(wondering if one is pregnant?); life changes;job changes and the lists goes on.
    My cousin was producing milk at 13 due to a hormonal imbalance and when she was 25 she had protected sex and was pregnant and didn't find out until she was 3 months, due to having normal periods.
    All that to say this... the best way to find out is to get the test. God Luck and be very careful next time!:)
    nikkiluvmatt Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2008, 10:29 AM
    Yes BigS is right the only way to stop from getting pregnant is not having sex until you are sure you are with the right person and what I mean by that is marryed. But anyway be careful I was on birth control and my husband was very careful and now I could be pregnant again all because birth control is not a for sure thing remember that to if you don't want kids right now get an IUD a butterfly thing they put up you. The only reason I didn't is because they gave me my appointment to late to do it. I will be praying for you. Just remember be careful until you are for sure careful

God Bless
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Sep 2, 2008, 12:46 PM
    Its possible to have a period while pregnant, but rare.

Protect yourself in the future. Its very possible to be fertile a week before your period is due.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 2, 2008, 02:34 PM
    As noted no protectoin is 100 percent, condoms have a 3 percent failure when used exactly correct. But as normally used they have a 10 percent failure.

Even the pill is not 100 percent and we even have an expert or two on here that got pregnant using the pill and condoms.

So the only 100 percent way to be sure you don't get pregnant, is to not have sex. But if you are, use at least two methods
    Dreams of lies Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

Sep 4, 2008, 12:51 PM
    You can still be pragnent if you have your period, Maby you should wait a few days if you feel really sick or dizy you mint won't to check to see if you are
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Sep 5, 2008, 10:26 PM
    Chances are your not preggy... but take a test after your next period... If this period is a little strange I would honestly chalk that up to your stressing about being pregnant... wait till next month if you miss your period then I would recommend testing, but as of right now... your on your period

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

I've been pregnant twice and miscarried both times. Could I be pregnant again? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so here's the deal... Last November I knew something was off... it was early Jan when I realized I was three weeks late... I went to a clinic and found out I was pregnant. About a week and a half later I miscarried. In April I started my period and it was not normal... and then it seemed to keep...

Pregnant agen or still pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! Had a misscariage 4 weeks ago and now have a positive pregnancy test result, my belly feels bloated and breasts feel tender all the pregnant symptoms but if I was less than four weeks would I be getting these feelings or is it possible I didn't have a misscaraig and am still...

Am I pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

I am breastfeeding and I don't know if I am pregnant. My baby is 4 mon. old and I am having increased discharge, heartburn, naseua, and breast tingling. I don't know if the breasts are because of nursing or because I am pregnant. I also notice I can hardly get milk out when I pump, but the baby...

Am I Pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I had my last period on 08Oct07, for the past 2 weeks I have been acting unsually. My breasts hurt very badly... I am cranky, angry, very hungry off lately. I have been vomiting for the past few days... Could I be pregnant?

View more questions Search