Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vasco777 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2008, 07:49 PM
    Driver for internal Network Adapter/Card?
    Hi,

After installing windows XP I found that the driver for the internal Network Adapter/card was not installed. We tried to install it manually without success. With the "old" External Network Interface Card, the brand name and other details were easily obtainable and armed with this information, we could download the driver. But, I can't seem to get the Internal Network Adapter information in order to get the driver.

I'd appreciate your help.

Mal
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Sep 1, 2008, 08:01 PM
    Hello Mal

You say that "with the "old" External Network Interface Card, the brand name and other details were easily obtainable".
    Does that mean you now have a new card?
    Have you no installation data/driver for that new card?

If you don't you know what card it is, just open the computer, take it out, write brand and type number down, and Google to find a driver.

If the problem is with the driver not being installed properly : is it possible that the driver you tried to install is an incorrect one?

:>)

Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Sep 1, 2008, 08:04 PM
    Add-on

Did you check the motherboard driver set ? It may be that the internal Network Adapter requires that driver to get installed.

Success

:>)

vasco777 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2008, 10:08 PM
    Hi Credendovidis,

Thanks for your reply

I was using the "External Networker Adapter" as an example of how easy it was to get the driver information.

But, yeah! You are right about checking the motherboard driver set. I'll check that out.

Many thanks

Mal

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Network adapter [ 3 Answers ]

I am back again.. by the way I never resolved the other issue but was wondering if I could trouble you again. I am trying to install Comcast onto my laptop but it says I do not have a network adapter. Now the question is this. . talked to comcast no help talked to some other people no help. What I...

Driver sound card [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I have I problem with my audio at my PC.. I have sound card yamaha 724 but not detec on xp prof sp 2 The want upgread driver. Mybe all community can't help me find the driver Thanks Rgds..

Internal and external vga & Video card with TV out... [ 2 Answers ]

Ho.. sorry I an a beginner on this field... I want to buy a vga or video card for watching movies loaded in my computer on my TV screen.. so I want to know what is the difference between the VGA and The Video card.. my computer is pentium 4 so if I bought a 256 mb vga card or video card with...

Network Adapter Question [ 1 Answers ]

I recently got Comcast Internet. If I ever want to upgrade my P.C. or switch network adapters, can I simply unplug the modem and put it into the new network adapter? Do I need to contact Comcast or do most cable modems allow that kind of switching easily?

View more questions Search