Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allamswathi_8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2008, 07:15 PM
    Children behaviour with their friends
    Hello,
    I have a 4 years kid.He is going to pre-school.I frequently receive complaints from his chool.The complaints are he is pushing ,touching other children.Always running,jumping in the class.sometimes knocking other children with the Knuckles.His behavior is same when
    He plays with other kids.I will be very grateful to you if you give me a solution for this.
    Thanku
    Allam.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 1, 2008, 07:30 PM
    The solution is called discipline. You discipline him for has bad behavior.
    BlakeCory Posts: 236, Reputation: 21

Sep 1, 2008, 07:30 PM
    Controlling feelings and emotions is a learned skill and can be very difficult to master, even for adults.

Most children under the age of five or six don't understand what is socially acceptable beyond pleasing Mom or Dad.

Most children do not recognize their own strength or even the full consequences of their actions. School-aged children who continue to act obnoxiously or aggressively may have never experienced the opportunity of being truly listened to in a loving environment. Listening, on the part of parents involves not only hearing your children's jokes and laughter, but perhaps more importantly hearing about those hurt, angered and unhappy emotions as well. Children are often not allowed to speak negatively, complain, or offer a difference of opinion and then their feelings continue to build up until one day they may unintentionally vent or lash out. Remember that listening doesn't mean submitting to his every whim or desire.

Some parents accidentally reinforced the aggressive behavior through attention. When dealing with aggressive children, it is worth the effort to praise even the smallest attempt at proper behavior. Praise can be a very strong motivator.

It is also important to remember that behavior can be very difficult to change and that it takes a lot of patience. Turning an aggressive child into a nonaggressive child will not happen overnight, and the odd outburst may even occur once the behavior has seemed to restore itself.

STAY CALM

No matter how agitated, upset, or aggressive your child becomes, it is much easier for them to relax if you are also calm. Despite your own concern, do not try to rationalize with them until they have calmed down. Try sending them into their room, or if you have to take yourself out of the situation and stay in your own bedroom or bathroom. If they become overly violent or aggressive you may need to take drastic measures, but stay calm. The more aggravated your child sees you become the more power he or she has gained over you and the more likely he will be to repeat the behavior.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 10:47 PM
    Blakecory had a great answer. I'd like to add onto it a little more. Super nanny has great advice on her show (and if you're consistent it actually works-it helped with my little syblings a lot). Like having a designated spot for when time out are necessary and how long is appropriate and what to say to them afterwards. All the specific details for the most effective and apporiate ways to discipline. You might consider watching a few episodes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No friends children at weddings [ 26 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to this site! However, feel I need some advice from an expert or anyone else willing to help! My fiancée and I have said no to friends children at our wedding. Apart from family and newborns. I told my best friend (who agreed to be bridesmaid) extremely politely that we do not want...

Bad Behaviour [ 2 Answers ]

hi everyone, I am concerned with the way my 5 (soon to be 6) yr old niece has been acting. I'm sorry in advance I can tell this is going to be long and I hope you'll bare with me because I really need help. Firstly, she has always loved being the center of attention (what child doesnt) and...

How to get legal custody of ex-friends children [ 1 Answers ]

An Old Friend Called Me In Feb. 07 Asked Me And My Husband To Be Temorary Legal Guardians Of Her Children Ages 9 And 13. She Is On Drugs And Has Been In Jail Recently For Drug Arrest And Stealing Her Ex-mother-in-laws Credit Card, Father In It With Her Also. They Both Are Un Fit To Raise The...

How much should I charge to watch my friends 3 children [ 6 Answers ]

I will be starting to watch my friends 3 children ages 10, 6, and 9 months next week, m-f full time. I usually watch the baby for $10 for 4 hours, if I have the others I get $15 for 4 hours, but I would usually only have them 2 times a week. I don't know how much I should ask for. It's a new job...

Children, Step-children, Niece: What a mess! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am in desperate need of clarity and advise. I am 41, mother of 2 daughters, 3 step-kids and 1 niece. My 2 daughters 18 and 15 live with me and my husband and so does my husbands niece, 15 also. My 3 step kids are all over 23 with their own places. My husbands niece has been thrown from...

View more questions Search