Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeanniepearson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2008, 06:12 PM
    "spooky" harbor breeze fan
    My fan (about 6 yrs old) is coming on even when the remote is off. I wake up at night with the light on... or the fan on high... this is even with the battery removed from remote. I have no pullchain. Am I in danger of a possible short in the wiring causing a fire? What is my next step?
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Sep 1, 2008, 06:24 PM
    Hello jeanniepearson

No, I do not think you are in danger of a possible short in the wiring causing a fire.
    But your next step is to take the unit down (make a small drawing first what wire goes where), take off the blades, and bring the fan unit to a repairshop for maintenance.
    Explain the problem. If the fault can not be located, ask if a pull chain can be installed.

If all fails, it's up to the mall for a new fan...

Success !

:>)

ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2008, 06:56 PM
    Please ignore the above answer.

Some other RF device is interfering with your remote. You need to change the frequency of the fan and remote. Instructions are here:

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More
    -

Sep 1, 2008, 07:40 PM
    I hope for jeanniepearson that you are correct on that, ceilingfanrepair.
    But if not : will you openly apologize?

And why all that aggression? What is WRONG with you?
    I gave my opinon and advice, you gave yours. I never rate any reply negative, just comment. You still have to learn a lot in life !

:>)

Uber Member

Sep 2, 2008, 11:09 AM
    Mine isn't opinion, it's fact.

I have no aggression. As an expert, it is my responsibility to prevent posters from receiving bad advice. This forum deals with electricity, people can be seriously hurt.

Cred, I've corrected you countless times, and you do not listen. At all. You keep giving the same bad advice. That's not a good thing.
    -

Sep 5, 2008, 08:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ceilingfanrepair
    Mine isnt opinion, it's fact.
    All you seem to do is protecting your little "shop" you have here...
    Just provide your opinion, and correct posts that are wrong - if you want. No problem.
    Nowhere did I make dangerous suggestions.
    And certainly there is no need for your nasty comments and red stars.

:)
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2008, 11:57 PM
    Credendovidis, please stick to topics you know at least something about.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor Breeze 69" Ceiling Fan Wiring [ 3 Answers ]

I just purchased a Harbor Breeze 69" (twin blades) ceiling fan and am having problems with the wiring. I have black, red, white, and green from the ceiling box and black, white, and blue to the ceiling fan. The remote transmitter has black and white on the inbound side and black, white, and blue...

Harbor Breeze Aero 52" ceiling fan w/remote [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 fans in my house and they are identical. The remotes were set up differently when they were installed by the contractor so that each fan (and its light) only works with the remote programmed for it. I have lost one of the remotes (my 2 yr old grandson likes to hide remotes evidently). ...

Harbor Breeze 69" Ceiling Fan : Does not remember setting when turned off at wall. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I purchased a Harbor Breeze 69" Ceiling Fan from lowes and the unit works great! However, I have a major gripe with the product and hopefully you can help me out. I flip the switch on the wall, then turn on lights and or fan with remote and everything works fine. I flip the switch on...

Harbor Breeze 52" Aero Ceiling Fan Light Replacement [ 1 Answers ]

Just moved into a new apartment, and the light in my ceiling fan blew out. I have tried and tried but can not seem to figure out how to open the light fixture to replace the bulb. Any suggestions?

Wiring on Harbor Breeze 52" Tahoe [ 4 Answers ]

The wires from the fixture are white, blue and black. The wires from my ceiling are white, black and copper. I connected the white with white, black and blue to black and the copper to ground. The fan worked fine but when I put bulbs into the light fixture they blew out. Why would this happen?

View more questions Search