Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lpainter Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2008, 04:41 PM
    Legal Assistant from Canada cannot find work
    I have 15 years experience as a legal assistant in Canada. I have been applying for work for a year now. Why do lawyers in California not want to hire me?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2008, 05:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lpainter
    I have 15 years experience as a legal assistant in Canada. I have been applying for work for a year now. Why do lawyers in California not want to hire me?

Probably because you are not familiar with California and US law - to them, you are coming in with no experience or, even worse, some experience which is not at point.

I would be absolutely worthless in a Canadian law office.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does US or Canada have legal jurisdiction? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, We lived in Canada for 6 years and acquired a Visa credit card through CIBC. We have been paying it down since we moved back to the US in 2003; the balance at that time was approx. $10,500 and is now down to roughly $6,200. In the last year and a half, however, we have had increasing...

Sol in because canada and legal interest [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a debt from 2005.. It was for about 2 thousand dollars. I ha vent been able to pay it since I'm on disability.About 3 months ago a collection agent has been phoning my cell phone, everyday. Anyway, he said I could pay it off in full for 2,200. I don't have that kind of money, Ive been...

What is the legal age for a child to be left alone in canada? [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering what the legal age is to leave your child alone in canada?

Legal age to move out in Canada [ 1 Answers ]

I know weird question but umm.. any of you know the legal age to move out in Canada, I heard its 19 from some people and 18 from the other.. and then the rest tell me its 16. Without parental consent.

View more questions Search