Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suzybella222 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2008, 04:02 PM
    Jetski impound fee
    I had a jet ski impounded and towed about a half hour away and now the salvage yard was charging me $2150.00 I complained so they lowered it to $1700.00.This just doesn't seem right to me I know other people who had the same thing happen to them and they were cherged $500.00 to $800.00.I've asked other salvage yards and they said they would have charged me no more then $500.00.I know there's got to be something I can do... please send me some suggestions...
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2008, 06:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by suzybella222
    I had a jet ski impounded and towed about a half hour away and now the the salvage yard was charging me $2150.00 I complained so they lowered it to $1700.00.This just dosn't seem right to me I know other people who had the same thing happen to them and they were cherged $500.00 to $800.00.i've asked other salvage yards and they said they would have charged me no more then $500.00.I know theres got to be something I can do.....please send me some suggestions.......

You can pay it and then take the salvage yard to Small Claims Court for the difference between what you paid and what your witnesses paid - the witnesses, of course, will have to come to Court with you.

Or you can not pay it - if you don't want the jetski back - and they will sue you for the fee minus whatever they sell the ski for and then you can take the same witnesses and present your case.

Does the salvage yard have a written/printed policy?
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2008, 07:27 AM
    And how long was the jetski impounded? These things often charge X per day for storing the item, so if you left it there for a while, the price may be high.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to beat impound fees? [ 4 Answers ]

My best friend car was sitting on the street in los angeles and LAPD impounded it because it did not have recent tags. The storage was so high that I did not get the car and now they have sold my car and am asking for $600.00. What can I do to get impound storage and towing to leave me alone? She...

View more questions Search